Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drinking at home

Do you consider it acceptable to drink at home alone?

• Total voters

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
crazyspoon05 said:
I work in hospitality and like some other industries when you are doing night shifts you can't just come home and switch off and go straight to bed so i'll usually have 2 or 3 beers and watch a movie, fool around on the internet, etc.

I remember reading somewhere a while ago that alcoholism and suicide rates are higher in hospitality than any other industry...

Heh, i can understand that.

yeah i drink at home alone. call me an alcoholic then.

S

scared_

i think its fine, i get home some nights after a long day at work and have a bourbon (only know how to spell that because its on the can infront of me). i dont think ots alcholism at all. to some people it is, like my tradesman (im an apprentice) has 15-20 cans every night. i dont know how he can afford it to start with along with paying off two houses but he still does it. i think the majority of up just have a drink to relax a bit and for the taste, wouldnt be drinking it if it tastes sh*t.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Shounak said:
It's different.. Being pissed doesn't just impact what you say, but how you say it, your body language and a multitude of other factors. It relaxes your inhibitions, makes you more sociable etc.

Call me old fashioned, but if people get pissed so they can have a chat to their mates on msn, I believe there's a problem..

I have come on this place pissed before. Some of my 4am posts are just after I get home from a big night, it really doesn't do it for me that much..

Also typing properly isn't as easy when you're pissed. Webcam I kinda understand, but not really..

Just not my thing..
Dear oh dear,just dear oh dear.

HE11VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 HSV CLUBSPORT R8options
drink when u like with whom u like...
its a good way to relax after work so yeah it is acceptable!!

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
He hwho disses home drinking simpy hasnt experienced it! I myself, have been out tonight out and about, on the gas, i am now home and continuing.. Thesres nuthin wrong with enjoying a drink or two at home :D

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Nothing wrong with it, i hardly ever drink but sometimes when i get home from work i just feel like a beer so i have 1 or 2.
A slab will normally last me 6 months, that's how much i drink and shock horror, i drink them at home!

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
Man i get trashed at home all the time (drank half a bottle of JDs last night) and crank the 70s/80s metal. Anyone that thinks it isn't cool is just a wannabe sociopath. I know a lot of people, sometimes I can't be bothered listening to the crap that comes out of their mouths when they're pissed.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I wonder how many people will or have had a drink at home tonight or next Sunday????