Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver runs over car thief - VIC

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
No Cookies | Herald Sun

DETECTIVES are continuing to interview a man who chased and mowed down a man who allegedly stole his 4WD to determine if he should be charged.

Investigators said they will take into consideration the car owner was defending his property, but that it was “complicated” because the thief had been injured in the process.

It comes as police believe the suspected car thief, who is under police guard in hospital, may not have been working alone.

They are looking into reports a second man fled the scene on foot.

The man in hospital is known to police and is likely to be charged later today.

The 4WD owner woke to the sound of his car being stolen on Myrtle Grove in Reservoir and jumped into a second car to give chase around 5am.

He chased the bandit to Regent St.

The thief then stopped the car and got out before the man ran him over, causing severe injuries.

Neighbours called police when the two men started fighting.

The injured bandit was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a serious but non-life threatening condition.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Belle Nolan said both men were assisting police with inquiries.

Police are appealing for witnesses.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Give the man a medal :)

You should be entitled to defend yourself and your properly. #### the crims, if you get caught you deserve what ever you get. The average thief would think twice if the home owner was entitled to defend their properly with what ever means were available.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
"The injured bandit was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a serious but non-life threatening condition."

Not killed. Apprehended with a (big) car. Serves him right.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
lol, I despise thieves, how dare he touch property that doesn't belong to him. Deserves everything he got in my opinion, I would have run him down too. I hope police don't go too hard on the car owner.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
should have put in reverse and finished the job....

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Congratulations. May there be more of it.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Good on him, He should have put the thieving prick in boot and went for a nice drive into the forest

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
hi ryder you took the words right outta my mouth. F##ker got what he deserved....We should be able to protect ourselves and our property with whatever means necessary.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
hi ryder you took the words right outta my mouth. F##ker got what he deserved....We should be able to protect ourselves and our property with whatever means necessary.

fkn oath... where i come from those are the accepted risks of participating in crime. also where i come from fkn with a mans wheels is a death sentence. wish i could get the dudes hospital room number, id send him a post card that says get a job, work like everyone else...