Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver Side Door Air Vent

adomski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6L
Hey Guys,

Just bought myself a 2005 VZ Commodore V6 3.6L...but having this strange issue.

All my vents work just fine except for my driver side one thats located on the door panel.

When the vent is open it gets a slight breeze when the ac/heater is on, no matter which setting. When you turn all the vents off the breeze gets slightly stronger but its still very low and does not change when fan level is changed. Could this be a valve or motor somewhere not allowing flow to that area or could this be something more annoying?

Any sort of advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

UPDATE:
One user below told me to check the vents under the foot well, i found this...it was very loosely wrapped with gaffer tape to this little pipe...i cant imagine this would be stock...anywho, either need to reseal it back up or find the original pipe/fixture that goes under there.
Picture Below:
m19cJ1oiMh7wbR1Swjd2pIOoOCb9VYQm8MkDBEu8h44

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
open the door check what its like before it reaches the door panel .if thats ok its in your door panel

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,

This may sound obvious, but vertically under the vent is a knurled wheel with a small arrow. Turn the wheel to the left (i.e. front) of the car for air, turn to the right to shut the airflow off.

The only other thing could be that the duct under the dash has been accidentally dislodged and so is venting towards your feet.

adomski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6L
Hi,

This may sound obvious, but vertically under the vent is a knurled wheel with a small arrow. Turn the wheel to the left (i.e. front) of the car for air, turn to the right to shut the airflow off.

The only other thing could be that the duct under the dash has been accidentally dislodged and so is venting towards your feet.

I've played with the vent and it is set on the open position...as for the duct i'll have to check but i don't feel any air on my feet when the system is running.

I'll have a fiddle tonight, but otherwise this has me stumped.

Thanks for your help though mate

adomski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6L

That's what it was mate! Thanks for your help!

m19cJ1oiMh7wbR1Swjd2pIOoOCb9VYQm8MkDBEu8h44