Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers door won't unlock remotely.

DavoMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Executive
Hey guys, I've got an issue with my 98 VT and couldn't find anything similar on here. My parents gave me their old car recently, and there is something wrong with the lock in the drivers door only.

If I press the unlock button on my key, the 3 doors will unlock no drama but the drivers will seem to come up partway and stop.

If I manually open with a key there doesn't seem to be any problems, the lock acts as normal.

Any ideas would be very appreciated, thanks.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Sounds like the door lock actuator (electric motor that operates the lock button up/down) is not working properly, I brought a 2nd hand 1 for $20 from a wreckers just last week for my VR, don't think VT would be a hell of a lot different. Best thing to probably do first is check all wiring and plugs are connected ok.

DavoMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Executive
Thanks, I just got off te phone with Dad, he sai it had gotten to the point that manually opening the door wouldn't work, so he removed the solenoid which fixed it. Any idea on the cost of a solenoid?

girlracerhsv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You know what, this is going to sound odd but the same thing happened to hubby's VY, when he changed the battery if fixed itself. Try undoing the battery terminals and putting them back on.. might seem silly but it cant hurt. Is there any indication your battery may be very old/low if so that may be it.

sicksix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 98 hsv clubsport
if youre 3 doors are opening with the key remote and not the other. i would say the problem is to do with the that door you could test the wires for power and just see there is nothing broken behind the door trim.but the actuator is not pushing it up all the way. just make sure nothing is in its way ..or replace it .