Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers door won't unlock with key or central locking/unlocking device

Bigjonhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Commodore alloytec one tonner
I've been have the same problem with my drivers side front door it locks the car with the key but only locks three doors with the fob and the horn blast three times. When the doors are unlocked and I press the unlock button I hear a click in three doors but not in the drivers side front door. I am thinking there's no signal going to the actuator from the BCM or broken wire between the actuator and a relay somewhere

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
I've been have the same problem with my drivers side front door it locks the car with the key but only locks three doors with the fob and the horn blast three times. When the doors are unlocked and I press the unlock button I hear a click in three doors but not in the drivers side front door. I am thinking there's no signal going to the actuator from the BCM or broken wire between the actuator and a relay somewhere

If your horn is sounding, it seems like the car thinks that there is a door still open. Does your interior light go on and off as normal? I'm thinking it could be a corroded door switch....

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 ute 2000 SIII, wh v8 02 ls1, vy v6 Calais 03
If your horn is sounding, it seems like the car thinks that there is a door still open. Does your interior light go on and off as normal? I'm thinking it could be a corroded door switch....
I second that, I'm sitting in my 02 genIII wh and I just took of door face and forced the actuator to work, need a new one cause U can hear and feel how stiff it is., Takes a fair bit of force to actually get it unstuck. To help anyone get in to said door, turn key and try open handle at same time. Worked for me.

ron thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2oth anninersary club sport
Have had no issues until a few days ago.
When i try and unlock the car remotely, I have to do 2 clicks to open passenger door as the drivers door won't unlock remotely or with the key.
Once I have climbed across to the drivers seat, I can't unlock by pulling up the knob on driver side door.
The only thing I have seen in the forums which I will try 2morrow morning is to disconnect the battery for 20 min so computer resets itself.
Any other suggestions?
1997 VS ute.
if you try quite hard turn the key clockwise and anti clockwise it will be hard but it might just reset the lock and take it outof deadlock
im a locksmith
regards ron

Nikkki.M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commadore
if you try quite hard turn the key clockwise and anti clockwise it will be hard but it might just reset the lock and take it outof deadlock
im a locksmith
regards ron
RON!!! You goddam legend! hehe.
The ol VX obviously having a bad day and as usual she took it out on ME! Finished work and yup doors wouldn't unlock. BUT thanks to you and your advice ,I tried it and YEEHA! it worked! Thanks yooo. N

Reactions: Lex