Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat material

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Thanks for the link acarmody.. I added it to my eBay watch list and dandy is 25 min from home so not far at all.. Just about to send them a few questions about the foam and stuff..

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
the base and back are available new at the dealers, all you need is your vin and trim code.

you may be horrified at the price but having a **** drivers seat ruins the whole experience of driving the car in my opinion. I replaced both and it transformed the car and i love every second i'm behind the wheel.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
the base and back are available new at the dealers, all you need is your vin and trim code.

you may be horrified at the price but having a **** drivers seat ruins the whole experience of driving the car in my opinion. I replaced both and it transformed the car and i love every second i'm behind the wheel.

will check this out for sure

thanks again

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I just fixed my seat for 5 bucks.. I went to the wreckers and got the seat cover off the passenger side and put it on my drivers side seat.. The only part that needs gluing is the back part were you rest against.. Took me 20 min at home just now on my own.. The foam is a bit tired but will go back tomorrow and get a good foam and do it again.. I could prob glue some more foam over the existing stuff and then glue the material to that as well..
Went from this
null_zpse1c5e390.jpg

To this in 20 min
null_zps4bb126fa.jpg

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
New foam will make a better difference but for 5 bucks it's a huge improvement.. Took a few pics as I went as well..

Joelene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
The original VT-VY seat covers were made by Air International in Tullamarine Victoria. They probably have stocks of every colour. I was able to buy genuine replacement front seat cover (top half) by suppling the trim code. It was a deleted item by Holden that could no longer be sourced through Holden dealers. After a time Air International offloads their stock to motor trimmers. Be careful. Even though Holden deletes the item they often refuse the supplier the ability to supply the product directly. It took some hassle but I ended up confirming the seat with Air International, paid them directly, they shipped it to my local Holden dealer and I picked it up.