Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drivers side rear power window stopped working

officenerd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
didnt read if this has been said already, so ill say it anyway. get a few 5 cent peices or small screw drivers and take the switches off, its really easy. make sure the plugs havent come off, for example if the plug has come off 1mm on the problem window, the switch or the one in the centre console wont work, same as if one of the rear switches is broken, the front centre console one wont work. id reccomend finding a wrecker that sells after market switches and try that, i got mine all 3 modules for $80 brand new. it can be fixed by a 5 year old kid, if the switches are the problem.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
FWIW, the same window in my VX is r-e-a-l-l-y- slow going up and down. Not sure why and I haven't really bothered to investigate. Maybe the channels on the sides of the glass are binding on the window and the 2 person approach will help by giving the motor some help. Of course, if the motor is shot, maybe that's why it broke down (getting too much resistance) and mine won't be far behind yours!

DRphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 V6 Berlina wagon
i'll put money on it will work if you swap the rear door switches over.

switches are about the only things that stop the windows in the back.

It turned out to be the switch. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
FWIW, the same window in my VX is r-e-a-l-l-y- slow going up and down. Not sure why and I haven't really bothered to investigate. Maybe the channels on the sides of the glass are binding on the window and the 2 person approach will help by giving the motor some help. Of course, if the motor is shot, maybe that's why it broke down (getting too much resistance) and mine won't be far behind yours!

Mine is the passenger side that goes up at snail's pace. Took the trim off once to see what the issue could be, worked fine. Replaced trim, back to snail's pace again. The worst thing is... I have one of those auto window closing modules which works great, except on the passenger rear window where the resistance becomes so high as the window attempts to close that the module assumes it is closed and stops winding it 2/3 of the way up. Been like it for the life of the car so doesn't seem to have harmed the motor.