Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving a VE

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
CSP

No need to be so defensive of the VE. And it wouldn't have any effect on any of us if we were shopping for one. We just collectively made a comment that it seems unusual to have included a small feature for 18 years, then dumped it with the billion dollar baby. Wonder how much they saved per car doing that?

sarcasm /end

:p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
sarcasm /end

:p

Huh? Surely your comments were sarcastic about not buying a VE because of missing switch lights? You seemed to want to turn this thread into a debate, instead of simple discussion Can't people discuss anything rationally with you? Is there always a need for you to have a "clever" comment or comeback ?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Huh? Surely your comments were sarcastic about not buying a VE because of missing switch lights? You seemed to want to turn this thread into a debate, instead of simple discussion Can't people discuss anything rationally with you? Is there always a need for you to have a "clever" comment or comeback ?

i have to agree with csp, id almost type that as a reply too:p, it was just a spot of light heart of sarcasm, it has a serious point to the post though, if you dont like it, dont buy it, even if it is a petty thing

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
They can put man in outer space. But holden can't fit a few little led's into a rear light switch?:p.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i have to agree with csp, id almost type that as a reply too:p, it was just a spot of light heart of sarcasm, it has a serious point to the post though, if you dont like it, dont buy it, even if it is a petty thing

Hi Andyman

I may have misinterpreted CSP's intent with his post, and if that's the case, I apologise. But to suggest that I, or anybody else, would be influenced by the lack of such minor features is a bit wide of the mark.

CSP has a rather expensive version of the VE and is justifiably proud of it. I just think he becomes overly defensive of the model whenever somebody suggests that it is less than perfect. Earlier in this thread, I defended the VE, because of the flak it had been copping, some of it unfairly.

I have had many different cars over the years and some of them had terrible reputations long before I bought them (HD for example). The reputation didn't influence me one bit - I wanted that car because I liked what it did have, and if it didn't have certain things, tough! I still bought it.

I just think CSP needs to accept that, no matter how good or bad the VE is, some will love it and others will pick it to bits. That fact didn't stop him from buying at least two of them and he is obviously very happy with his purchase. And that's the way we should all be, regardless of what we drive...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
But you have to admit it. Lights in the switch or not, It's nothing to go into war over:p.

On a side note. They could have made the switch glow in the dark like my blu-ray control does.
It's just funny in many ways, We have bagged ford for not having buttons on steering wheel light up, And even there main power window switches in the past have had no lights.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have had many different cars over the years and some of them had terrible reputations long before I bought them (HD for example). The reputation didn't influence me one bit - I wanted that car because I liked what it did have, and if it didn't have certain things, tough! I still bought it.

I just think CSP needs to accept that, no matter how good or bad the VE is, some will love it and others will pick it to bits. That fact didn't stop him from buying at least two of them and he is obviously very happy with his purchase. And that's the way we should all be, regardless of what we drive...

Very well put. I agree with all of that - especially about the HD being woeful :D

Reaper

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Thanks for all the replys. The New My 9.5 VE seems alot better to drive. I've driven around 12 different VE's through work but the latest feels better for some reason. The damn rear handles still bug me though...lol