Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving with fog lights on

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
In the ve's can u use the 'lights' with all light switch settings? Hi low and parkers?

I guess its all in the name..

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
That doesn't make much sense, I'm going blind from my own fog lights being on during the day?

Righttttttttttttt

sorry let me clear it up a little, thought you drove with your eyes open, in which case the blinding effect starts off with other muppets blinding you with their foggies on in day light and cristal clear weather, the flash, (from me just in case you simply forgot to turn them off after this mornings FOG and thus not a muppet) becomes pale as time and blindness progess, its a terrible thing!,... however i do feel we have lost you to the foggie...zoolander style club!! on a brighter (sorry didnt anything by that) note you are in the running for the annual muppet award....

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
gonna put 1000000000000000k HIDS in my foglights and point them directly into peoples eyes so they really have somthing to complain about

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
clear as mud????..see another one affected by fog light blindness

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
they are pointed at the ground mate, not sure what ur whole point is here. seems ur just one of those 'oh they're illegal let's castrate anyone breaking the law !!!!1!1!one1'. no logic whatsover behind your argument, you clown.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
gonna put 1000000000000000k HIDS in my foglights and point them directly into peoples eyes so they really have somthing to complain about

stick to 55w 4300k, 1000000000000000k are probably not a spectrum thats even visible to the human eye :D

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
take it easy champ,half the times lights are not properly adjusted, so as far as pointing to the ground, that can be debatable, as far as breaking the law happends on a daily and im guilty of that,.. fog lights are a pain when not used at the right time thats all, if you ever get stuck behind a car the has the rear fogs on on a clear night they are very bright, and are distracting and annoying, as far as argument on this forum, mate just a bit of fun so really no need for the clown
they are pointed at the ground mate, not sure what ur whole point is here. seems ur just one of those 'oh they're illegal let's castrate anyone breaking the law !!!!1!1!one1'. no logic whatsover behind your argument, you clown.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
sorry let me clear it up a little, thought you drove with your eyes open, in which case the blinding effect starts off with other muppets blinding you with their foggies on in day light and cristal clear weather, the flash, (from me just in case you simply forgot to turn them off after this mornings FOG and thus not a muppet) becomes pale as time and blindness progess, its a terrible thing!,... however i do feel we have lost you to the foggie...zoolander style club!! on a brighter (sorry didnt anything by that) note you are in the running for the annual muppet award....

Sorry makes no sense at all.

Aside from the legalities, the fact they make no difference to vision in daytime and are usually too low to be useful at making you more visible, I dont see the problem with having fog lights on in the daytime. I dont do it, its pointless, but I dispute whether anyone is blinded in the daytime by fog lights, or any other kind of lights. You may find them personally annoying, but they arent blinding you.

I find them useful to provide better peripheral vision in the open road at night, and thats the only time I feel the need to use them. I find mine useless in fog, because they dont operate independently from the low beam.

However, if the 'muppets' want to have them on in the daytime for a bit of wank factor, more power to them. I dont give a rats rear end, because they dont bother me at all.

Night time around town, its also purely wank factor, and although there are some that are too bright (usually some WRX with HIDs in them and 5 gang members in the back seat causing the lights to aim too high) most fog lights dont bother me at night either.

Those WRX's will get pulled up, searched and the gang members arrested on outstanding warrants because they attracted attention. That also doesnt bother me.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
take it easy champ,half the times lights are not properly adjusted, so as far as pointing to the ground, that can be debatable, as far as breaking the law happends on a daily and im guilty of that,.. fog lights are a pain when not used at the right time thats all, if you ever get stuck behind a car the has the rear fogs on on a clear night they are very bright, and are distracting and annoying, as far as argument on this forum, mate just a bit of fun so really no need for the clown

I agree with the rear fog lights 100%. Pointless things, modern cars have more than sufficient rear lighting without adding more. Rear fog lights are as bright as brake lights, it can be confusing. They shouldnt even exist.