Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dropping the hunk o junk

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
hey guys I have a SII Vs running on 15" VN SS wheels ( not very flash ) suspension is totally standard and I wouldnt mind dropping it maby 2" or so.

im after this to be done as cheap as possible ( without being mr commy spring cutter ) I know repco and SCA are not very cheap for low springs ...

im not after super sports race handling or anything I just want it a bit lower ..

about 25,000 km ago the shockies were replaced but springs left I think they are pretty shot now anyway, do I really need different / shortened shocks to drop it 2" or so ??

Where is the best ( read cheapest ) place to get a set of lowered springs ?! ( im in brisbane )

im pretty handy with a spanner but I have never done the whole lowered suspension before, only replacing standard stuff

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Try a few wreckers. I picked up a full set of superlow springs and sports shocks for my VP for $200.

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
yeah the wreckers all around me are a pack of bastards already been there done that, as soon as you say VS commodore the price on everything doubles .. I got quoted 95 for an alternator and 150 for a PS Pump (185 new), was 90% cheaper just to rebuild mine )