Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dynamat over Panel-Deadener?

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
G'day folks, my question is has anybody applied Dynamat over panel-deadener? before I fork out for Dynamat I wanna be sure it sticks to the deadener without any problems, thanks.
:thumbsup:

BrAdAsS

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.bradass.net
Members Ride
VX Executive A4
It just about sticks to everything. Just make sure it is clean. I used that K&H grease and wax remover before applying the mat, which helps it to stick better.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey CalaisJohn, i've been doing a lot of research lately of Dynamatt, and sound deadning in general, and from what i've gathered so far,dynamatt works best when applied directly to a panel. There's also a product from Dynamatt that can be layed over the top once the dynamatt is in place too..

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
I was afraid of that!.. it all started with a leaking boot then some rust convertor then panel-deadener primarily for future corrosion protection and then I thought of Dynamat. doh. I was concerned about it sticking as this deadener endlessly lets off fume strong enough to rip the tar off my lungs hehe.. but I can see your point, direct to the panel makes sense. Bugger!

Image0.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

whats the layer that lays over the top of the Dynamat called ? .. it's function?

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
looks interesting up to 1/2 an inch thick.. I'll prolly end up giving it a go and post some results here. My wagon (in album) is all panel-deadener and gives out only a dull "thud" if hit.. 40 litres of the stuff and I ain't doing that again hehe.. thanks for ur comments guys :)