Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno results of an Ebay 'performance' chip!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah fuel ratio looks near enough to perfect for there to be no gain changing it, let me know about the 70 mm thottle if you want to play with the shift points and can you swap the tps's over on that to make sure that's not the problem first

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
Yeah fuel ratio looks near enough to perfect for there to be no gain changing it, let me know about the 70 mm thottle if you want to play with the shift points and can you swap the tps's over on that to make sure that's not the problem first

A shift point adjustment for the 70mm throttle would be great. I will get some new screws for the tps and extract the broken one in there if i can on the weekend.... at the moment i am using the new tps that came with the mace T/b ... i will try my old one.

Going to put the 60mm throttle back on then as well .... until i have a proper tune for the 70mm. I have my spare memcal to use for the new tune for the 70mm throttle .... PM me a fee for this service ..... but i will check the tps's first.

Last edited:

CommoNdoreVN

ginger ninja
Reaction score
Members Ride
89 V6 VN 5speed Buick
Just remember, there is no such thing as cheap, reliable horsepower. Is anyone seriously dumb enough to buy one of those chips?

i dont think this guy was talking about your tunes greenfoam, think he was talking about the people that buy those "+20kW" tunes off ebay for 15 bucks and expect their car to become a monster.

Grange 185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr caprice
Before i found out about Mr greenfoam i had a vn calais and bought blackstar7000chip and it seem to work quite well the car had heaps more grunt off the line. In my vs(hsv) caprice ive already got a custom tune buy Dicks eletrics and it was great. After ive did a few mods to the car i contacted Greenfoam and asked him for a tune,after installing it i notice it lauches a bit harder off the line and the back of the car really sinks into the ground when you flaten it. The car has a flat spot when it goes into second at the moment so its hard see the results but its going into the doctors tomorrow to get fixed and the tranny and diff are getting done as well umm.. Im keen to see how the 3.7's will go,im still in two minds weather i should of gone for 3.9's

Harey

Reaction score
Well you are surely right about not seeing an increase in peak power ..... dyno run today had the car at 110.2rwkw .... the operator said that at times car 'spiked' to 130rwkw but it obviously wouldn't have that.... so 110 is consistant with the first run i did.
Car feels much quicker to drive with your tune ... is it that it reaches peak power quicker or more efficiently than before.

Anyway i am more than happy with how the car goes .... i can be happy with 110rwkw from the old buick with just headers, full exhaust and tune.
Whenm i have more time i will post up the dyno graph .... operater said it was running a little lean but not too bad.

The air fuel ratios look great on the dyno.

Advanced timing is bizarre, it feels sooo much better but doesnt normally result to a lot of extra power.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Advanced timing is bizarre, it feels sooo much better but doesnt normally result to a lot of extra power.

optimised timing can be worth a lot of power. the stock tunes are generally fairly safe so advancing the timing is definitly worth a few killer wasps