Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tested 80rwkw

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
How can any dyno computer accurately calculate driveline loss when different vehicles have vastly differing drivelines? (that's rhetorical)

Chassis dyno's are a tuning tool often they're a very inaccurate for measuring power, there are too many variables to consider. This instance is a perfect example why the hype around dyno's is a waste of brain power.

Like suggested, go to a drag strip and get a MPH figure if you want a better idea of what your motor is putting out.

If you really want an accurate dyno figure that is worth the paper it's printed on then an engine dyno is the only option.

A god knows how old, abused by god knows how many apprentices and tafe teachers ( if you can't do, teach), designed primarily for trucks dyno is undoubtably never going to accurately represent the power of your commodore.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
How can any dyno computer accurately calculate driveline loss when different vehicles have vastly differing drivelines? (that's rhetorical)

Chassis dyno's are a tuning tool often they're a very inaccurate for measuring power, there are too many variables to consider. This instance is a perfect example why the hype around dyno's is a waste of brain power.

Like suggested, go to a drag strip and get a MPH figure if you want a better idea of what your motor is putting out.

If you really want an accurate dyno figure that is worth the paper it's printed on then an engine dyno is the only option.

A god knows how old, abused by god knows how many apprentices and tafe teachers ( if you can't do, teach), designed primarily for trucks dyno is undoubtably never going to accurately represent the power of your commodore.

Completely agree the drag strip is the best for accurate results as for the teachers alot of them have been out of the trade for 10 years plus so may be a bit behind . Mahnee is an example of that lol (Crustin should know what I mean)

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Lol, agree with all.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
#### me all the spastic have ended up in here.. 165kw from a v6, are you retarded, take about 45kw off that and your getting close.

Better yet take it to a professional shop and let them dyno it, but you won't cause then you will look like a dumbass won't you....

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
NIXONLS1:2029723 said:
#### me all the spastic have ended up in here.. 165kw from a v6, are you retarded, take about 45kw off that and your getting close.

Better yet take it to a professional shop and let them dyno it, but you won't cause then you will look like a dumbass won't you....

And your calling others spaz. I'm not the one who quoted it would make 165rwkw, I expected it to make 140-150, which if you read other results that's around the high average.

I'm really sick of people like you, Im not going to go to a dyno yet because the tafe dyno is going to be supervised by a Maha technician on Monday. My car will be tested again by a "professional" in the correct gear this time. Will that shut you up?

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
My apologies. I'm starting to react on habbit now.

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Good luck 2moz bruz.
Hope ya hit the numbers you want :)