Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E10 vs 98RON

mr_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 07
Fk E10...
When you're on the piss you're not drinking passion pop or goon bags to get drunk unless times are tough are you?
Why? Because that **** is nasty.... Same with your car. Why would you feed her the car equivalent goon?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's about context. If you want to make real power you don't use dino juice. Alcohol has a stigma that just doesn't belong with it. I would run E85 without hesitation if we had more than one pump in the ACT. If you're worried about economy give up Commodores and buy a Getz

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Nothing wrong with our 98 octane e10 we get at gull here in NZ as previously mentioned you do get a little bit less fuel economy from it but it is cheaper than regular 98

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
coming from someone that actually uses ethanol, all those issues pointed out are a non issue for ethanol dont get sucked in by the internet BS, ever seen a petrol tank that wasnt used for ages because the engine also runs on gas and the whole tank turns to sludge... ethanol dosnt do that, how many years does metho sit in your shed and its always good to use ? its just ethanol... the only issue with ethanol is the petrol that is added to it !!! and yes i have a couple of drums of e85 that has been sitting for over 2 years now and..... yep still fine to use, i also used 16 month old e85 on the dyno made over 700 on it and still said 83% ethanol, the hardest thing to get into the engine is oxygen and ethanol has 30% more of it then petrol which is why u need to add more to burn the same stoich so for the same lambda value ethanol make alot more power

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nothing wrong with our 98 octane e10 we get at gull here in NZ as previously mentioned you do get a little bit less fuel economy from it but it is cheaper than regular 98

******* oath!

Went past Gull 2 weeks ago. E10 98ron fuel 40c/L cheaper than the other brands regular 98ron. I pulled straight in and filled her up....

On the 2nd tank now. The trip computer says economy has decreased by .3L/100km. I'll be honest, the car just got a new set of plugs and a very slight tweak to the ignition tables but I can't complain, @40c/L cheaper I'm saving a bit of coin without a huge loss of economy.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
******* oath!

Went past Gull 2 weeks ago. E10 98ron fuel 40c/L cheaper than the other brands regular 98ron. I pulled straight in and filled her up....

On the 2nd tank now. The trip computer says economy has decreased by .3L/100km. I'll be honest, the car just got a new set of plugs and a very slight tweak to the ignition tables but I can't complain, @40c/L cheaper I'm saving a bit of coin without a huge loss of economy.
Has anyone any experience with the 100 octane in nz south island

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
******* oath!

[/QUOTE
Yea I really don’t know how bp and mobil can justify their prices for 98 octane! Bloody ridiculous

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sadly E10 98 @ Gull is cheaper than 91 at the Mobil around the corner from me (before any loyalty discounts).

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gull isn't on any of my normal travel routes but for 40c/L I'll deviate a bit.