Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85 Fuel for the 6L......Anyone using it? what are your thoughts??

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
If you have been to a round of V8 Supercars recently you have smelt it ;-)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
If you have been to a round of V8 Supercars recently you have smelt it ;-)

Unfortunately no i havent.....Ive been overseas for a couple of years and have only just got back recently. Before going away i did 10 Bathursts straight haha. Will be makin the trip west again this year for sure. Couldnt think of anything better than driving my new SSV to Bathurst! cant wait....

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Well if it smells better and works out the same price & gives you more power, well just if it smells better I'm on to it :) I heard that the engine note is better as well..........

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Well if it smells better and works out the same price & gives you more power, well just if it smells better I'm on to it :) I heard that the engine note is better as well..........

There doesn't seem to be a notable difference in the exhaust note (I have an aftermarket exhaust so it's loud enough to pick up differences in). There could be a slight difference on a louder system?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I would be happy to give it a workout, but havent yet come across a servo who has it in my travels, but if there is a bit more kick for the same overall price, could be worth it everynow and then.

Leafman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 Redline Ute
I had some left over E85 race fuel from power plus which I put in my VE II redline ute. You could definitely feel and hear the difference, very responsive. Unfortunately, living in WA we can't buy E85 at the pump. If we could I would use it. I have played with tuning high comp 4cyl turbo race engines on E85 (after running VP109 Racing fuels) and the E85 made more power than the VP fuel.

I should point out, the e85 power plus was $3 a litre, and the ethanol is mixed with 15% 110 octane race fuel. This may make a slight difference. Although, only slight variations in dyne results were found when comparing the different E85's available.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've heard that E85 cars need to have any alloy parts (that come in contact with E85) anodized and normal/E10 car fuel lines can deteriorate when used with E85.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
^^ the series 2 were made to be compatible with E85, I assume that you dont need to worry about anything

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Sorry should have been more clear, I was talking to the guys with the earlier models that wanted to try out E85.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
no worries, yeah series 1 you could put it in for the short term, but you would want to upgrade the whole fuel system if youre planning on running it long term