Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
ok mate, you need to stop reading **** on the internet.. all cars from mid 90s are ethenol compatable, all VE's are e85 compatable, they all have the same fuel tank, same lines, same injectors, same PCM, same everything,

next youll be telling me that the ve's and FG falcons i have running around that have done 10,000+ kms on only E85 are going to fall apart lol

The most accurate statement in the whole thread.

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
just wondering when someone is going to mention the disadvantages of e85 ,it actually absorbs moisture just like methanol .therefore water in petrol station tanks will be more common ,so you will get some sort of mix and match fuel wherever you go !
Interestingly enough 20 years ago if a supplier of petrol adulterated their fuel with ethanol they were given huge fines YET now it is legal to do so (and the government makes money out of it )

My S14 had a broken gearbox for about 7 months without being driven at all with half a tank of E85 then I fixed, warmed it up, straight on to full boost and the knock readout was exactly the same as always. Also IF there is a small amount of water dispered in the fuel, water has a great heat capacity and is a good thing in an engine. A lot of people run water injection!

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
not really when it's 0.01% dispersed fairly evenly in the fuel

Leafman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 Redline Ute
Hey guys, new to the forum but just purchased a VE series 2 Redline ute about a month ago....

I recently sold my Datsun Sunny race car which had an S13 SR20DET, running on E85. It had Cams, 10.5:1 comp & 17psi boost. It made 400rwhp.
After selling the Datto, and buying my new ute, I had about 100L of the E85 in a drum left over. I put it in on Saturday, and can feel the difference immeiately. I will add, the E85 I am using was from powerplus, and is mixed with high octane unleaded race fuels. Subsequently it is nearly $4 a litre. Not sure how much it would differ from the pump E85, but we don't have that yet in Perth (wish I was back in Sydney to get some regularly).

Fuel Consumption went from 12.6L/100 on ULP to 16.6L/100 on E85.

Being my daily driver work ute, I don't plan any huge mods, so probably wouldn't bother with the E85. If I was running higher comp or any type of forced induction though, I wouldn't run anything else but E85.

Plus it smells Sweet!

Mark.

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
Hey guys, new to the forum but just purchased a VE series 2 Redline ute about a month ago....

I recently sold my Datsun Sunny race car which had an S13 SR20DET, running on E85. It had Cams, 10.5:1 comp & 17psi boost. It made 400rwhp.
After selling the Datto, and buying my new ute, I had about 100L of the E85 in a drum left over. I put it in on Saturday, and can feel the difference immeiately. I will add, the E85 I am using was from powerplus, and is mixed with high octane unleaded race fuels. Subsequently it is nearly $4 a litre. Not sure how much it would differ from the pump E85, but we don't have that yet in Perth (wish I was back in Sydney to get some regularly).

Fuel Consumption went from 12.6L/100 on ULP to 16.6L/100 on E85.

Being my daily driver work ute, I don't plan any huge mods, so probably wouldn't bother with the E85. If I was running higher comp or any type of forced induction though, I wouldn't run anything else but E85.

Plus it smells Sweet!

Mark.

That Datsun setup sounds sick! What turbo were U running?

Leafman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 Redline Ute
I was running a modified Garret GT2876r. Internal gate was welded shut and ran a Tial 38mm external gate with screamer pipe.

The car was sold to a guy in Adelaide who is now loving it!

920kg with 400RWHP was heaps of fun.