Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eagle leads vs genuine leads

.:FunkyMonk:.

Just call me Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX manual mang machine
It HAS Been Proven, To Actually Get 15-20Kw, With Pro 9mm Pro Leads, Super 4 Plugs & High Flow Air Filter... I Think Your Misses Called BS When She Got Stuck With You...:boxing:

I'm A Performance Patent Designer Fella... What Do You Do..??? That's Why, All The Turbo Charged Cars In My Area HAVE Been Put To Shame By A 20 Year Old Series 1 VN... :rofl2:

I've Driven All The Way Up Past LISMORE From SYDNEY & Back Four Times, To See My Ex & Hit Speeds Of Over 250kmph.. Three Months Later, Gave The Plugs A Clean & Stuck The Leads & Super 4's On The VN... Still Running Strong...

I Used Iridium NGK Plugs Beforehand & Platinum Super 4's (Quad Spark) Kick Arse Over NGK & Have Smoother Power...

I've heard the best thing about VN cop chips is they mean you can't get pulled over by the boys in blue because their sensors can tell them you are in cop car?

In other news, the other day I put in a pod filter and some 98 octane petrol. On the way home I beat a R8, and I was in reverse. True story. Ask my best mates cousins uncles daughters sisters facebook friend.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I've heard the best thing about VN cop chips is they mean you can't get pulled over by the boys in blue because their sensors can tell them you are in cop car?

In other news, the other day I put in a pod filter and some 98 octane petrol. On the way home I beat a R8, and I was in reverse. True story. Ask my best mates cousins uncles daughters sisters facebook friend.
I call bs. There is no way you can drive with a cop chip without spinning the wheels in every gear.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What advantages do the bosch leads have over the eagle? Also are the LPG listed use ones fine to use with a Unleaded Petrol engine, do they fall under the Motorsport or Supersport categories or they're on their own.

You seem to know your parts, so what brand and type plugs do you run with your leads?

they fall under there own category, the motorsport/supersport are different again and probably overkill
The Bosch leads use the same construction style at the $200+ leads you get from MSD and other performance brands.

The reason i use the LPG leads is simple. LPG equipped cars are very susceptible to ignition system failures resulting in backfires. it is imperative that you run quality leads on LPG vehicles (and they normally use a slightly smaller plug gap as well). if the leads are good enough for LPG use then they will definitely be fine for a petrol powered donk.

i use NGK plugs or sometimes champion. no need for the fancy plugs like iridium etc. they are long life plugs that are designed for engines where it is difficult to change the plugs (like every 100,000km's) so not required on your standard V6/V8 engine.

I've had ignition troubles on my missus VS for years, new leads and problem goes away. i've been through 3 sets of leads on it, all eagle and the problem has returned again. i've replaced just about every ignition component at least once, some more, i will not use eagle leads again.

the only difference between 8mm, 9mm and 10mm eagle leads is just the insulation thickness. no internal changes at all

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patent Pending 1995 VR Series II V6 Buick
proof (with dyno sheet) or bullshit (with attached on-board analysis computers)

you can't get that much power with a swap of plugs and leads (and now air filter which you left out before) unless the aforementioned items where completely stuffed and it ran like a bag of ****.

(can you post video on here..??? I'll show you the difference on how the vn revs)

also, before it was 15-20bhp, now it kw. Should get your story straight mate.

(i am saying, it is possible to get a 15-20bhp increase, when it's been proven by manufactures to get a 15-20kw increase.. Get your facts right moron, before you dribble more shite...):banstick:

I too could design and patent bs (performance bs that is) but you seem to have beaten me to it :rofl:

(have a go & see what you sell.. A little competition doesn't hurt... :rofl2:)

and i'm a machine operator, maintenance engineer and i work in the performance car industry part time as well :thumbsup:

(i work on drag car engines & am an engineer...)(don't quit your day job now..)

speeding is illegal and we don't condone that kind of behaviour on this forum. You should also be aware that there are a number of members who are also in the law enforcement community. You better hope they don't see this :d

(and what proof have you or the police got of a speeding offence, but hearsay..??? Check your legislation... You know nothing!!..)

no doubt your vn also has the much sought after cop chip (wrong again moron.. :rofl2:)

keep trying!!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
keep trying!!

i don't need to try, i know my facts. i also know your telling BS and i don't need to quote you and then alter those quotes to prove anything

also, you admitted to speeding in a post above. in print, sound like a bullet proof confession to me.

keep dreaming buddy.

you can post all the vids you like, how a engine revs has nothing to do with power output.

you have made performance claims, back em up or shut up. simple. until you prove otherwise, my bullshit claim stands :thumbsup:

why not disclose the full list of mods, including tuning (if any) that you did to achieve the stated 15-20bhp (or was it 20Kw) and 250km/h+ you said

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ive run my eagles for about 20000km now same set has been through 2 cars i lie im still running 3 eagles cause 3 melted on the turbo manifolds LOL they were so cheap i had to buy them was half the price on ebay that i could get leads on the shelf from other brands. i also cut them to lenght and fitted new ends no worries but really a lead is a lead the v6 ignition can shoot spark clean out through the side of a lead when near metal pretty easy so i allways go for the thickest i can find .plugs cant beat standard old ngk copper plugs bpr6efs-15 .most people find the flash plugs with prescious metal electrodes and and that silly thin electrode and 4 earths etc dont fire to well with dfi ignition due to one side of the engine fireing the plugs to earth from the coilpack and the other side firing spark from earth to the coilpacks its a picky system

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
@Immortality... I'm F@#king Patenting Mods & Tunes, You F@#king Tool... AS IF I Would Give You More Than What Is Already Stated For Free... Get A Life!!

My Mods Are Also Intended For Police Pursuit Vehicles & My Mates ARE Police Inspectors & Barristers (Level 12).. My Info IS Solid... Just Like Your Thick Head...

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Learn To Tune Your Vehicles & Get The Most Power Out Of Them... Mechanically & NOT Via ECU's...

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
again, you can make all the accusations that you please i don't mind. you made the power claims about plugs and leads and i said bullshit. i too know a bit about tuning as i do my own tunes just fine thank you.

so far you have only made claims you can't substantiate and called me names. your a big man aren't you

My Mods Are Also Intended For Police Pursuit Vehicles & My Mates ARE Police Inspectors & Barristers

so now your claiming to make the fabled cop chips. GOLD. keep digging the hole bigger

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Learn To Tune Your Vehicles & Get The Most Power Out Of Them... Mechanically & NOT Via ECU's...

LOL, our buick are efi and therefore that means you need to tune the engine via the PCM. our engines don't have carbs and dizzy's just incase you missed that point.