Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easiest way to get 0-100kms in less the 6 seconds??

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I got 6.0 going downhill.........

Sorry had to be said

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I got 6.0 going downhill.........

"Downhill" leaves a lot to open interpretation.

Are we talking "rolling hills in the countryside" downhill or "oh my god i'm gonna die at near terminal velocity falling off of K2" downhill?

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I would say less than 3 foot drop over the 1/4 mile. 'Slight' downhill.

Running the other way increased times around 0.1 seconds.

Damn - I thought a 3.77 gear set in a heavier VT would have amarked increas on the bottom end.

I will get a real CAi and fix up the exhaust at the same time to something a little better designed.

Actually I was wondering about practicality and sound on certain exhausts. I like the sound of the big single systems, except for the drone. As I understand it, drone is often caused by harmonics in the output tones. Ie - it puts out a strong tone at a frequency that is naturally harmonic with the echo chamber that is a cars boot.

i had the idea that I might run a 3 " single from the extractor collector back to a bullett cat (or similair) then 3" to a muffler mounted before the diff, then splitting to a pair of 2.25 inch resonators after the diff. Where the split actually is, doesnt worry me - probably after the diff for simplicity.

Now the tricky part - if I used 2 different length Resonators - or set it up so the resonators were mounted at different lengths from the split - by about the diameter of the inlet pipe, would that kill off most of the harmonics, without degrading airflow ?

If so - is it also going to kill off most of the good tones it makes.....

Cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
3" on a V6 is way too big, you will actually create more back pressure than a smaller system.

The drone is caused by the sound wave length in the exhaust. Putting a resonator in the system interrupts the sound waves reducing the drone.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
3" is to big, a 2.5" wont even max out on a stock v6 so why spend money that you dont need to?

just accept that its not going to be that quick unless you put some form of FI on it or atleast throw in a decent cam....

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
As a general rule, I tend to think a 2.5" exhaust is good to flow a motor that produces 150rwkw. Any V6 that isn't boosted, will probably make around or less than that anyway.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Okies i have standard 1997 vs wagon and have put twin throts and a custom tune running really lean (working on it) on and it does 0-100km 6.75secs want to know some cheaper mods i get to get there in under 6 seconds any ideas?

I have thought

1.7.1 roller rockers
mild cam
lsd
maybe a k&n filter too lol

Whats your guys opinion??

by any chance were you going downhill and started the clock at 40k's?

even then would still need to be a steep hill your going down lol

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
:dance: Pics of the TTB please!!!!!!

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Haha, thats what I was thinking,

Wasnt too sure if these blokes were serious though.... they probly were!!
Yes seriously, the bloke thought he picked up NOTICABLE power from removing the mesh from his maf, that's why i put LOL at the end of the sentence :D

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
The plan is to go FI with a Raptor, so the 3" is with an eye to the future. Rob Bliss exhaust reccommends a pair of genie Tornado's along with a 3" metal cat. I asked for 2.75" But I'm told there is no such pipe size.