Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec heavy duty valve springs

Sexdefender832

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack
Hi all just wondering if I need to do any supporting mods to put heavy duty valve springs in my ecotec like pushrods or rockers or will they be strong enough?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The valve springs themselves are a supporting mod so there's zero point having them if you don't have a cam. Having said that, pushrods would probably be good insurance for valve springs though.

Last edited:

Sexdefender832

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack
The valve springs themselves are a supporting mod so there's zero point having them if you don't have a cam. Having said that, pushrods would probably be good insurance for valve springs though.
Yeah this is all in preparation for a cam I do feel like I have some valve float at high rpm tho hence the stiffer springs

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yeah this is all in preparation for a cam I do feel like I have some valve float at high rpm tho hence the stiffer springs
You will be best off changing everything at once (cam, lifters, springs). Not much point in putting brand new springs up against old lifters and cam. It’s just going to accelerate wear and possible failure of the old lifters and cam.