Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec running like arse, with pacemakers.

Dave93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 S-pack M5
Hey guys,

I put some pacemakers on my VS ute ecotec not too long ago, and when i did that, i bought some new NTK lambda (oxygen) sensors, extended the wires accordingly and yea. now though, the car runs like Schitt, seems like its getting the wrong fuel/air mixture or something. i think the extractors have thrown the tune out on the car.
One thing I've heard is that i could try putting resistors in the signal wire on the lambda sensor but this might not work. Does anyone know anything about this or had a similar experience?
I've done a hard battery reset, but doesnt seem to be working.

Cheers guys,
Dave.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
ohh let me no what it is if you find out because i was just about to put some pacemakers and a red back on mine but i might hold off for a couple of weeks

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Did you wire up the sensors wrong? Ie: some wires back to front?

It has to be asked I'm afraid.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Fitting pacemakers alone wont cause it to run crook.Ive helped a couple of fellas fit their pacies,and theres never been any running problems afterwards,just better sound and better fuel economy...Id say it might have something to do with the oxygen sensors or the way youve fitted them up.Ive seen plenty of people have trouble with cheap s--t brand 02 sensors,now I always recommend only fitting genuine holden or delco/delphi brand oxygen sensors..Id also be going over everything and checking that you havent bumped or knocked off any wires or vacuum lines etc when fitting up the extractors..

Last edited:

Dave93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 S-pack M5
wires were lengthened by a reputable auto-sparky so i hope they are right haha. i sometimes get a engine light too so i will check the code if/when it comes on. will check over everything tomorrow when the sun is out.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Fitting pacemakers alone wont cause it to run crook.Ive helped a couple of fellas fit their pacies,and theres never been any running problems afterwards,just better sound and better fuel economy...Id say it might have something to do with the oxygen sensors or the way youve fitted them up.Ive seen plenty of people have trouble with cheap s--t brand 02 sensors,now I always recommend only fitting genuine holden or delco/delphi brand oxygen sensors..Id also be going over everything and checking that you havent bumped or knocked off any wires or vacuum lines etc when fitting up the extractors..

I agree. I've fitted quite a few pairs of these, as well as Hurricanes, and "advance" headers. None of them had these problems afterwards.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I've done a hard battery reset, but doesnt seem to be working.

Did you rev it when starting again to reset the IAC ??

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
if there new extractors then they will bugga ya o2's up for the first few thousand as they burn all the crap off the inside. Extractors just help extract the exhaust gases better so wont make anything worse. Sounds like the 02's are wired up wrong or there stuffed or you have the earthing issue. Ive never had luck with NTK in the vs's they come faulty out of the box sometimes, get either Bosch or Delphi nothing else. At the end of the day you really need a scantool on it to check there operation. Or laptop if you have the cables you can use Tunerpro to check out the crosscounts.