Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU and running probs/ideas.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ok, so does a VT ECU actually work in a VS or what? Im trying to find the problem in my cold start prob.

Also, after washing my engine bay, with engine running, its started to shudder at 2000 revs and only at that amount of revs. fine at any other point. felt fine on the way to work but felt the shattering driving home. Sounded like it was missing maybe?

AqaumarineVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Check your coils-make sure there aren't any cracks on the outside plastic(thats what mine used to do after washing engine,until i glued the coilpacks up),they tend to open up when warm and earth out even worse when they are wet.Dunno if that helps?
What cold start problem do you have

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Check your coils-make sure there aren't any cracks on the outside plastic(thats what mine used to do after washing engine,until i glued the coilpacks up),they tend to open up when warm and earth out even worse when they are wet.Dunno if that helps?
What cold start problem do you have

Car runs badly when its cold then when it warms up it's perfectly fine.

b and my vs commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Excecutive 3.8l v6
My 1996 Holden Commy has kinda similar problem that i dont know what is...rough idle and when i slow down comng up2 a intersection or lights my car looses power and cuts out....sometimes can prevent it by keep revs up. My commy has been converted into manual so dont know if that may have something to do with it??
If any 1 has any ideas please let me know.....