Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU Reset

Mark stuckings

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vt
I have a1999 VT Holden commodore and the power train light come on id there anything that I could do to reset it.If so how can I reset the power train thanks guys

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Hi guys

I have an VE Omega ...Do you know of a reputable place that would do a reset for you for soe kind of fee? I wouldnt want to risk it as my head unit is a 6 stack upgrade and I dont know if it came with a car or added afterwards (may need code which i dont have) and also dont want to risk messing up other things like alarm etc... car runs funny , too much time it stays in certain gears with no power added, just revving into nothingness...

Marco59

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs sv6
Power train warning - ECU?
I am not a mechanic but I have checked most things suggested by others including removing the negative battery terminal and waiting a while. This did actually 'solve' the problem for a day or so then the warning message came back on. My local garage are suggesting a new ECU!!! Expensive! If I have to I have to but I haven't noticed anyone else on this forum mentioning changing the ECU?

I am told that ECU's cannot be used twice ie no breakers yard part?

If the 'local mechanic' changes the ECU then apparently Holden have to recalibrate (more expense) and if that doesn't cure the fault I still have the problem and a new ECU that I didn't need. What a dilemma!

Holden say to cure the fault could cost up to $1500 at worst case scenario. Do I bite the bullet? At least if they try the ECU they could put it back on the shelf if not the problem eh? I believe the sensors have been checked.

When all else fails I will have to try the 'all else'!

Russell6
You can have the ECU reprogrammed for a lot less than a new ECU. Second hand ones are ok if you have the security code for it.