Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] EF foulcan not running on petrol.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hi guys, there is a problem which has me a bit stumped with the antics of my falcon, it's problem in my petrol side of things, it doesn't start or run on petrol but gas is almost perfect, It was like this when I brought it, I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and have ordered a set of six injector service kit, I have had a listen to my fuel tank while the car is running and is making the sound it is meant to, but nothing is happening at the injectors, my ideas are
1.change injectors over with spare ones I have, they will get the service kit.
2. Check if there is +12V at the injectors connectors

Someone said it could also be my lock off for my petrol injectors isn't releasing and could be linked to the fact a monkey did my wiring for the gas system

Any helpful advice or information is much appreciated, thanks guys

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Check power at the injectors first.

I'd say it could be LPG related, maybe a wire has come loose?
Or check the fuses, or fusible links or relay, maybe they are dead. Try replacing them with a known working one.

Find out where power is missing and backtrack it.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Undoubtedly due to a dodgy lpg installation. 12 volts to the positive side of the injectors is the first place to look.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok guys, tried checking for 12V at the injectors, nothing, also have tried new relays and have noticed that the fuel pump stops running when the car is running and the switch is changed from gas to petrol, I have been considering a complete rewire of the gas system, because the sender only reads full now, even if it is on half a tank, I will probably get a new gas computer, switch and sender for the tank, is there anything that could trip me up?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
, I have been considering a complete rewire of the gas system, because the sender only reads full now, even if it is on half a tank, I will probably get a new gas computer, switch and sender for the tank, is there anything that could trip me up?

You need a qualified gas fitter to do it, because it needs certification, otherwise a defect is in order

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
P Plater

No help here, I realise, but as it's a Foulcan, have you tried running it on Dynamic Lifter?;)

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
can you tell me what gas system is fitted and brand of the LPG module installed if not any pics of the under bonnet would help .

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
can you tell me what gas system is fitted and brand of the LPG module installed if not any pics of the under bonnet would help .

Hey mate, it is a gastec FP32 controller, an AEG timing relay, a Zavoli converter, an APA tank, and an Apexus?? I don't know the brand switch, it is a Parnell system that was refurbished in 2014 before hand everything was all the same brand I was told

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
hmmmmmmm what a collection of components . if it was a Parnell system to begin with then there should be a pair of orange wires coming from the large round connector near the fire wall next to the map sensor these will be the injector cut wires or is there a relay mounted on the firewall in same position ? bridging these wires should return 12 volts to the injectors ????

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey strgas I got some pictures of the relay, converter and the gas computer
LPG%20parts