Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 efi 6cyl vl to efi v8 wiring diagrams

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
all good now.i finaly worked out what it was.i thought i by passed the anti theft[pink wire on small plug near ecu]but what i forgot to do was wire that and purple wire from the relay to ign on power.i already wired the pink wire to ign on just not the purple.

gota buy a few things tomorow but should be all good to turn key and run tomorow

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
any body.im so close now.this is what i have done.the car cranks over to and some times trys to fire up but not geting fuel doesnt help lol

black plug on the efi loom in engine bay (near battery):

Red wire:

Positive(+) power supply for injectors when ignition is switched on. Need to connect this red wire to relay pin 30 (this will be the efi relay) via a 30amp fuse (before connection to pin 30 on relay).

Connect pin 85 on relay from a ignition on power supply ( a wire that will give positive power when ignition is switched on only)

connect pin 86 on relay to earth.

connect pin 87 on relay to direct battery positive (+) power.
So relay should click on and off when ignition is turned on and off.

Violet(purple) wire:

Positive(+) power supply for fuel pump (via oil pressure switch) when ignition is switched on. Need to connect this violet wire to relay pin 30 (this will be the fuel pump relay) via a 30amp fuse (before connection to pin 30 on relay)
also you will need to connect a wire from your fuel pump (+) with this violet wire to relay pin 30 (so two wires go on the same pin on relay) as this will give power to the oil pressure switch and fuel pump when the ignition is switched on
(the computer is designed to only run the fuel pumps when there is oil pressure as a precaution and thats why the violet wire runs through the oil pressure switch) .

Connect pin 85 on relay from green with white trace wire on the black pulg( this wire that will give positive power when ignition is switched on only via the computer for one second and then cuts out until you start the engine and there is oil pressure)

connect pin 86 on relay to earth.

connect pin 87 on relay to orange wire on black plug ( this wire goes to oil pressure switch as a direct power from battery) and also you need to join a wire direct from the battery (+) to this pin(87) on relay as well.
(so two wires go on the same pin on relay). So relay should click on and off when ignition is turned on and off via the computer.

Positive (+) power supply for computer. Connect this red with black trace wire direct to the positive (+) battery power (countinuas power) via a 30amp fuse. No relay required. This will give continuas power to the computer.

Black plug on efi loom in engine bay ( the one with 2 wires):

Purple wire:

Starter motor solinied positve (+) power supply. This wire need to be hook up to igntion starter, so when you turn the key to start it give power to the starter motor to turn over.

Brown wire:

Alternator dash light positive (+) output, this wire needs to be connected to a battery light on the dash, otherwise ti will no charge the battery if it is not hook up to a battery light. [I HAVENT YET DONE THIS BUT THIS WONT STOP IT STARTING]

White plug on efi loom near computer (inside car):

Brown with white trace wire:

Check engine light negative (-) power output. (must connect) connect this wire to a light somewhere on you dash to negative wire on the light and the positive wire from the light should be connected to ignition on power.[ I HAVE DONE THIS BUT THIS DOESNT SEEM TO WORK.TURN IGN ON LIGHT SHOULD LIGHT UP TILL CAR STARTS I JUST GET NOTHING]should i wire up to another light?

pink (next to grey with red trace wire) wire:

Anti theft circuit. Need to connect this wire to positive (+) ignition on, otherwise it will no run the computer, this wire can be hooked up to your immobiliser realy so the car will not
start unless this wire gets a positive power supply.

This is all thats needed to do and the car will start.

ok ive done all this but fuel pumps stil do not work.ive taken this info from another forum.

ive tripple checked evrything.ive used a test light on every thing and it all seems fine.the only thing im having dramas with is the above green with white trace wire i should be getting power to that with a test light for 2-3 seconds when i turn my ign to the on position but im not.any ideas

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
sounds like you dont have the permanent power to the ECU hooked up. its a red with black trace. unplug the ECU connectors. with the IGN on, you should have 12V to pins: B1, A6 and C16

your fuel pump wiring is still wrong.... it should work the way youve got it but its not how it is hooked up from the factory....

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
i have the ecu wired up to battery.yeah i was told its wrong way around but it should stil work

c16 and b1 or a1 i cant remember have power.unsure bout a6 wil sus that one tomorow

Positive (+) power supply for computer. Connect this red with black trace wire direct to the positive (+) battery power (countinuas power) via a 30amp fuse. No relay required. This will give continuas power to the computer.