Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFI Conversion

johnmic

Reaction score
I have a VK with 253, I thinking about the idea of converting the carby to a EFI, so Id change the heads, cam among other things ofcourse. My questionis has this been done and more importantly is it do-able and is there anything I need to do to get it working well, for example would VN efi heads fit the blue 253 motor.
Thanks

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
there are people (I believe) who have put EFI heads on a 253, but generally speaking, the valves are too big for the bore.
question being, is there any particular reason you want to stay with the 253 ?
for the same cost of buying a set of EFI cylinder heads, intake manifold, cam and the all the associated bits, you could pick up a complete EFI 304 and drop it straight in.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
isnt a 253 in a vk ilegal?

any how didnt chubby have efi heads on a 253 at the very start of his build?

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Danny on here has done it, am sure he'll find this thread soon enough.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yeah at the moment in my VK wagz we have a 253 with VN heads. (Regency approved the 253 btw). I'm only running a carb, but the heads fit and the valves open and shut fine so they definitely clear the bores, but my motor is 30thou. Rekon I put pics of the build in my wagon thread.

Just bought another set of VN heads to go on another 253, but not sure wat bore size this one has as it hasn't been cracked open since we've had it. STD bore MIGHT be an issue, don't know as I haven't ran into it yet. Gonna run a carby on this one too, along with some boost! :thumbsup: