Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Problem please help!!!

MRVX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina ecotec/ vy ss ute
hi guys, today i was driving home from work this afternoon car was fine then about 15 mins into driving my stereo started cutting out every couple mins, so i turned it off thinking it was a problem to do with the stereo until about 10 mins after that the fan kicked in and cut the the car out while i was driving but it didnt cut out to the point of the car turning off. this keeps happening. when i got home i turned the car off then tryed to start it got nothing. car didnt even show lights or anything. i wait for about 20 mins tryed the car again and it started like nothing was wrong.. i got raa out and he said it was my altanator but he told me that only the battery light should have came on on the dash when it cut out but all lights were coming on? like it had just been started up.. it only seems to start cutting out when the car gets hot? any help would be great thanks

atomant

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
have you checked the back of the alternator on the weekend i had my B+ terminal burnt off with the same issuses you are having

MRVX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
i havent had the chance to pull the car apart.. but car drives fine until it gets hot could the crank angle sensor be gone? by the way its a vx ss with 134000 on the clock...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sounds like loose battery connection/alternator connection
VX fixed the notorious burnt B+ stud on alternator, supposedly
definately not crank sensor
could also be main fuse or ignition switch

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Check the ground points to body and engine .

MRVX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
took the car to a auto elec and he coudnt find anything. so i just decided to take a guess at the battery cause it looked like a cheap one and on startup it seemed like the car was slugish to start so got a new battery and so far no problems car runs alot better...