Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So E3 has had its first day done and dusted. With Microsoft leading with their announcements as well as Ubisoft. Ill update this post with all the happenings throughout the week. But, what are you looking forward to seeing?

Im really looking forward to seeing more from Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed: Revelations (we saw a short demo today).

Was surprised to hear of a 2 "new" Halo games. Halo 4 which continues on from Halo 3 where Master Chief and Cortana were put into deep sleep and a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved. There are early whispers that the new Halo will be using a new engine so Im pumped for that.

So anyway rundown of what Microsoft had to offer:

Halo 4 and Halo Aniversary announced.

Gears of War 3 demoed a bit more - more to come this week.

Mass Effect 3 demoed - more in the week.

Forza 4.

Call of Duty footage. (Can I get a "same old ****" chant).

...and more Fable! :) Fable looks ####ing epic as usual. But then again, I am a Peter Molyneux fanboy. I hate Kinect but I must say the demo of them using spells with kinect looked ####ing sweet.

Last edited:

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Personally I think that Microsoft wasn't top ...
They were a tad amateurish in their presentations and the use of Kinect was integrated in far too many games, it was almost like it was based on kinect. That led to no surprises in regards to games.

Sony on the other hand provided some decent announcements

BIOSHOCK - whoop whoop
The Vita and all relevant details...
but they screwed up with focusing alot on 3d... that ruined it.

So far it was decent.
What really popped out at me in the first day was Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3. Both titles really came into their own, although they are taking somewhat from others -Crysis for Far Cry 3 and Uncharted for Tomb Raider. Even so Im looking forward seeing more on these games.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
That motion **** is where the money is now. Stupid ####ing Nintendo introducing this rubbish.

Thing is, you can #### the kinect off and just use a controller for the games that are actually worth buying (Mass Effect/Fable) so its not that big a deal.

Sony's got nothing this year (like last). Maybe they can unveil their new firewall...

Nintendo is rumored to have another Zelda. So well see how that pans out.

I think were starting to really move away from the big developer announcements from MS, Sony and Nintendo and really getting more into the work by individual studios. Ubisoft had a strong showing again.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Am looking forward to battlefield 3 glad they left the bad company crap behind, Nintendos new console could be a powerhouse as long as it uses blurays and HD it can't fail (they have a habit of using outdated formats lol). Sony users have been compensated with free stuff so its not so bad, the Vita looks interesting but personally not a fan of portable gaming. Microsoft had some ok stuff like halo and the starwars kinect was good for a laugh.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Creamed my dacks.

Gears of War limited edition Xbox 360 paints the town crimson, coming September 20th for $400 -- Engadget

11x0607n23gow.jpg

11x0607n24gow-1307433330.jpg

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
You creamed once at a painted console?

I cum buckets every single time I see any sort of Footage for BF3. As a previous BF2 player, who competed in league and ladder matches, the current state of FPS gaming makes me want to kill myself or better still, someone else.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
i logged into css yesterday, got awped walking past doubledoors on dust2 so I f10d.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You creamed once at a painted console?

I cum buckets every single time I see any sort of Footage for BF3. As a previous BF2 player, who competed in league and ladder matches, the current state of FPS gaming makes me want to kill myself or better still, someone else.

Yeah I cant wait for BF3. I am completely fed up with Call of Duty, really looking forward to a change of scenery (and some better mechanics).