Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eManualonline.com

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Has anybody ever purchased a workshop manual CD from this mob? They are a UK company and have a wide variety of vehicles listed, including the Holden Captiva (which is a bit surprising as they are a British crowd) Their website includes a few pics of random pages from the manuals which appear to be reasonably detailed. As I can't find a Captiva manual elsewhere, the CD they have listed, at just short of ten pounds plus postage, seems reasonably priced but I'd like to know if anybody else on this forum has purchased a shop manual from them and if so, are they any good?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Unrelated: The Captiva is actually sold in the UK, as the Chevy Captiva. I believe most of the other Daewoo sourced Holdens were/are sold there as Chevys as well. The Chevy Lacetti, best known as Top Gear's "Star In A Reasonably Priced Car" car for a few years, was sold here as the Holden Viva.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Unrelated: The Captiva is actually sold in the UK, as the Chevy Captiva. I believe most of the other Daewoo sourced Holdens were/are sold there as Chevys as well. The Chevy Lacetti, best known as Top Gear's "Star In A Reasonably Priced Car" car for a few years, was sold here as the Holden Viva.

I realise it's marketed as a Chev in the UK and Europe, but the listing on the website actually says "Holden Captiva", which is why I made my comment. I would have thought it would list the manual as Chevrolet Captiva but it didn't, so it might have info relevant to RHD markets such as ours. (In particular, wiring diagrams.)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
UK is RHD too.

Maybe they don't do a "Chev Captiva" manual, that's why it's listed as a Holden one.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i have the same silverado and camaro manuals as they are offering and they are badass. silverado is lacking a few things like BCM layouts, but the camaro one is pretty thorough.

i know that isnt relevant to a lot of peole, im just saying if all their manuals are up to the standard of those 2, then 10 quid is totally worth it

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Just had a look - while they don't have a specific Holden Astra manual, if the manuals are that good I'm seriously considering getting the Vauxhall Astra manual.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i have the same silverado and camaro manuals as they are offering and they are badass. silverado is lacking a few things like BCM layouts, but the camaro one is pretty thorough.

i know that isnt relevant to a lot of peole, im just saying if all their manuals are up to the standard of those 2, then 10 quid is totally worth it

Thanks Ari. That's the sort of info I wanted. I reckon you can't really go wrong for ten quid, or whatever that translates to in dollars. Prob only about $20 if postage isn't too savage. MIght go ahead and get it, and let the forum know if it works out ok, as they seem to have manuals for a few other late models that members have asked for.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Prob only about $20 if postage isn't too savage.

im confused.. are they not e-docs?

the manuals i have are edocs but they have the exact filenames of what they have listed and the same pictres/layout. i just paid some website and they emailed me a link to download.

ah i always need to read better:
Has anybody ever purchased a workshop manual CD from this mob?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
im confused.. are they not e-docs?

the manuals i have are edocs but they have the exact filenames of what they have listed and the same pictres/layout. i just paid some website and they emailed me a link to download.

ah i always need to read better:

You are correct, although the site is a bit confusing. (Well, it confused me, anyway). The top part clearly points out that it's a download, but further down is reference to a DVD. I'd say you're right though, which is a bummer. I only have mobile internet through Optus, the download limit is tiny at present and the reliability of the Optus network in this area is crap. Looks like this one waits until I get ADSL connected.

Edit: Just reread the site and went into it a bit further. You appear to have the option of instant download for one price or purchase a DVD for a little bit more. I think the DVD might be a better and safer bet and the price is still pretty good.

Last edited: