Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Enabling Door Switch on VT 9C1 Pack

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
G'day all,

I've just bought a VT Exec 9C1 pack (originally ex SA Police). What I was wondering was this - is it possible to enable the door switches on a 9C1 pack so that items like the auto headlight switch off and internal door light work on the car?

I have noticed that the switch is still sitting there, and was wondering if it was as easy as just re-connecting that switch or adding a fuse somewhere, or whether it's totally disconnected with no easy way of re-wiring it.

Cheers,

Kev.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Are you talking about the door switch that normaly operates the interior light?

Or are you on about something else???

Regards Guy

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
The little switch inside the door opening that allows the internal light to come on, and is also used for other things (like the auto switch off headlights function).

Kev.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
there should be another manual switch on the dash, this isolates the normal door jamb switches from the circuit.

Rob

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
I can't see the switch anywhere - what exactly am I looking for and where would it be located?

Kev.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Try and see if this helps.

At the door switch on the Drivers side there should be a green or grey/white wire and an earth wire connected to the switch. This goes straight back to the BCM (body control module). The other 3 doors will have a White or light green/red wire connected to them and an earth wire on the other side The main wire also goes back to the Bcm.

The Bcm then dirrectly controls the interior lights etc.

Try pulling the switches out and seeing if they are connected! Chances are they have just been disconnected.

The switch they are talking about is most likely the over-ride switch. Not too sure on the VT's but have a play with the dash dimmer switch or in that area.

Regards Guy

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
I took it off yesterday and it only had one wire connected to it, as well as a cable tie... Which, by the sounds of it, means that it has been totally disconnected. As to how much wiring is required (and whether it is already laid in place or not) I haven't worked out yet... but if it looks too hard, I'll just "live with it".

Does anyone know if the 9C1's are supposed to have the light that allows the gear selection to be viewed at night installed or not? I'm not sure if my globe is blown or whether it's another "enhancement" of 9C1.

Kev.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Just a thought....what was the cable tie doing?

was it stopping the plunger touching the earth?

Yours may only have the one wire! And the cable tie may be stopping it getting to earth...cut the cable tie off and see.

Legally if its an auto it MUST have the gear indication panel lit when the lights are on. BLOWN BULB!

Regards Guy.

Kev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 'S'
Cable Tie

Yes, it was the cable tie that was the offender in this situation. I removed it today, and it's running sweet! ;) :D

Cheers! :cool: