Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine has been raped

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 3.6L Alloytech
WELL i put in a complaint to consumer affairs and there gonna try and get my money back :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi all had my car checked by holden, turns out whoever had it before me has completly F*^&ed my engine.
Cylinders 2,3,4,5 all have cylinder knocking, the gear box is buggerd aswel. can anyone tell me if its possible to fix the engine/gearbox or would it be cheaper to sell it and buy a new car?

Holden told you what was wrong with it but didnt tell you if it could be fixed or offer you any kind of quote?

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 3.6L Alloytech
nope just told me to baby it thats it, but its still under warranty so it should be all good....hopefully, considering im dealing with a bad dealer. i also think mine has been in a crash notice a slight colour differnce in the bonnet paint and bumpers and so on

Last edited by a moderator:

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
you can find out by doing a revs check, i think it costs about $40 or so but a must before you purchase the car

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
O.k. good its under warranty, what i am wondering is how he bodged it up to sound good whilst you were test driving and inspecting it with all those problems and your mechanic wouldn't happen to be the dealerships mechanic as well would he.

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 3.6L Alloytech
no he's not a dealership mechanic, well i had it for a week and a half then all the problems began to unfold slowly bit by bit the car began to just fall apart everytime i drove it i found a new problem it was ####ing stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I dont think you can on here but spread the word that this guy is shonky what a prick.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Aint he a toyota dealer ? have ya ever thought if it was fine when you bought it it was fine when it was traded to the yard ?? its not always the yards fault YOU bought a car with a buggered engine and thats after your mechanic said it was fine so how can you blame the yard ?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont go for a warranty job mate, this thing is a lemon!! It will always have problems by the sounds of it. Try to get your money back.

Also see if you can get a second opinion on the car, but for 16k i wouldnt risk the second or third mechanic telling me its ok and keeping the car only to find out it was a lemon after all.

Hope it all turns out in your favor, keep us posted.