Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light Comes On When Key Turned To ACC

freddyfinn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi All,

I just picked up my new VE Omega MY9.5 the other day and I have found an odd problem.
When I turn the key to accessory the engine light illuminates. If I continue to the ignition position and start the car it goes out. If I turn the key back to off instead of ignition the engine light remains lit even after the key is removed however if you then lock the car it goes out.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Yes I had this with my first VE CValais V back when I got it in 2006. I had to have a software update performed and also a new PCM module placed in car. But I was also getting the battery drain issue as well. Have you taken the car for a long drive yet?

freddyfinn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yes I had this with my first VE CValais V back when I got it in 2006. I had to have a software update performed and also a new PCM module placed in car. But I was also getting the battery drain issue as well. Have you taken the car for a long drive yet?

Thank's for the reply KITTAU.
We live in the country so most of our trip's are around 50 to 100km's at 80 to 100k's/hr.
The shortest trip is taking the kids to school which is only a couple of k's a day.
I haven't had a dead battery yet but the car has only done 900k's in total so far.

The engine light doesn't always come on when switched to accessory but it usually happens if the car sits overnight or in the carpark while shopping.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I have the same issue with mine. Turn the ACC on and it pops up (no chime playing thou).
I can also hear the electronic throttle flapping around during this process (before I crank the engine)
Have already had a software update of sorts to rectify a problem with the instrument display screwing up. I'll have to look at the software update number while it is in engineering mode tomorrow. That way I can call Holden and check if there is an update.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
I think it could just indicate that the engine immobiliser is active? My Omega does the same if it's been parked for a while, havent taken too much notice, but it's never been an issue.. i noticed it in several omegas when i was car hunting.

freddyfinn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have the same issue with mine. Turn the ACC on and it pops up (no chime playing thou).
I can also hear the electronic throttle flapping around during this process (before I crank the engine)
Have already had a software update of sorts to rectify a problem with the instrument display screwing up. I'll have to look at the software update number while it is in engineering mode tomorrow. That way I can call Holden and check if there is an update.

You certainly can hear the electronic throttle flapping around especially when the engine is turned off. It sounds like a percussion hammer.
It's odd the electronic throttle has power in ACC mode.

I haven't had the display srew up yet but I would be interested to know which software your running.

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
i have same proplem what to do