Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light on with no revs, then back to life!

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Hey All,

This morning im on the motorway doing 100 with cruise control on as well as air con (telling you in case it matters).

The engine felt like it stalled, but didnt go into 'reds'. Only the Orange engine light went on and the taco needle dropped to zero, then about 3-4 seconds later it came back to life by itself and i continued driving.

Any thougts?

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
See if the problem occurs again in the near future. Its either a slightly loose connection at your PCM-BCM-console terminals or your computer just decide to suprise you with a spat.

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Thanks ill try that.

I have been having starting problems lately as well. Codes 46 to 49, CAS related.

I changed the CAS a few months ago and my car wouldn't start, so i put the old one back in and it was fine after that.

Now it just stalls every now and then at the lights.

I also noticed that leads 3 and 5 are thinner than the rest. I just bought a set of 8mm leads so ill try that and hopefully the things behaves

Cheers,

Eddie

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Ok. I just finished changing the leads. Went for a drive and i guess they are all where they shoud be.

One thing i noticed though was when i pulled the lead off plug 6 there wasengine oil surrounding the metal casing. I checked the plug and it was tight, so i might have a leak from somewhere above it??