Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine mounts

RockyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec
The other week i was involved in an accident (that wasnt my fault). I got a fairly hard whack in the rear end (by a little toyota echo who had very minor damage) to cut a long story short, I took my VP to assess the mechanical damage and he said that my Engine mounts were very soft. I asked for the price and he said $350 (not including gst) for the parts, not including labour. $350 i thought was very excessive. Is this about the price they cost?

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
I'm not sure if VP are the same as VR. but the VR ones are hydraulic which would be more expensive than solid rubber (if that's what VP are) and I paid (trade price) $55 each including GST last week from my parts supplier. I also called Holden and their retail price was about $98 each and trade was about $65.

This is for a V6 and you need two. Mine were really stuffed and one had even almost broken in two!

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
It could be that they are that expensive.

You can pay 100's for engine mounts on front wheel drive cars. Im trying to avoid it for my other car at the moment.

The wrecker could get you some 2nd hand ones 4sure, but be careful that they havent suffered the same fate that yours did!

RockyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec
I think the guy was just trying to rip me off. Just becuase he had a fancy workshop with a million cars in there waiting to be fixed.

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
..as opposed to our workshop which is pretty average looking with only one car waiting to be fixed :p

Jack it up and have a look at the mounts yourself and see if they appear to be worn or damaged, and the VN/VP are the same as the VR onwards ones.

richie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Commodore 3.8V6
my vs has just had new engine mounts (hydraulic ones which had perished)

cost me 330 s&f, but the dude discounted the labour because it was pedders and hed already pulled most of the front suspension and cross member out so it wasnt as much time for them

like the dud ebaove said though for the vn it might be solid rubber ones which i asusme would cost less than the more modern hydraulic type

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
All mounts the same vn/p/r for v6 .They will be buggered as about this age they will all be stuffed or close to it.They leak fluid out when they are really gone.
Supercheap sell aftermarket ones for about $60 and they are the same left to right ..I used them and they are a good brand celco I think(surprise surprise)..repco want nearly double that for the same brand ...gmh want around 100 retail each(trade about 20 less).If you put the new and old one together you couldnt believe they were once the same mount.Right one easy to change...left one a mongrel cause of the air con compressor. Engine sits noticeably higher when new ones installed.

Last edited: