Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine rebuild

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
how much do u think it would cost for an ecotec engine to be rebuilt?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i priced one for my old car $3500 thats stock standard rebuild.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
that really depends on what you plan on doing and how many k's the engine has done (ie, how much will need replacing).
i would estimate at least $1k of labour, plus parts.(as i said hard to give you a total price)

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
the engine has done 142000, i want to take the motor out myself and strip it down and then get some one to clean it all up, replace watever is needed and put it together again.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well if you do that and just give the parts to someone to re-assemble that would reduce labour cost obviously....
with that many k's on the engine id say you could get away with just re-ringing the pistons and honing the block, heads would need overhauling.
cam and crank shaft bearings would need replacing as would anything else thats worn (timing chain, oil pump, belt and pulleys...etc.)....
if your at all interested in performance mods (whether now or thinking about them in the future) you'd be wise to do them while the engine is pulled down to save money and hassle in the long run.

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
the only thing performance wise i'd do is extractors and exhaust, i just want the engine in good shape. thanks for the help