Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine transplant time

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
Ok guys the time has come, i love my comme wagon too much to give her away si its time for a new engine. i recently purchased a vt 3.8 one, now i need to know, what new mods will i have to do computer ect ? ( keeping in mind i have mechanical experience ) any help would be great :thumbsup:

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
sorry meant * so its time

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
WOW Thanks heaps !

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
if you have the trans as well. i'd say at a guess, the ECU and the engine loom, just little things, the engine and trans are pretty much the same between VS - VT Anyone else out there know? maybe try VT engine conversion in the search? or alloytech conversion something like that.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If you are fitting a VT engine into a VS, you just use the VS electrics, the only difference on the engines is the VS has 2 temp senders, one for the ECU and one for the dash where as the VT only has one so you may need to swap a few bits over.
Every thing else is the same although VT's may have exhaust gas recirculation which is not needed in the VS.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I would be suprised if there was anything major too do. They are the same engine. Just rip the old one out and smash in the new one. There will only be a few minor things that will be different, nothing that will be a show stopper

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
yeah, but then i had another idea for some more power, would a stock standard supercharged 6 be the go with a good exhaust system ? what would be involved ? any help would be great. thanks

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i recently changed the engine is my vs to a vx 6. Was fairly easy, changed the exhaust manifolds, inlet manifold, plenum and 2 pullies as they were a little different. The loom didnt need changing as all electronics were the same.

Installing a super6 would give a great advantage over the NA6, Its also something i looked at doing. The standard vs gearbox can be used with it, but the loom and ecu have to be swapped. The engine mounts are the same (from memory), The exhaust manifolds need to be swapped to the VS super6 manifolds (assuming you get a super 6 from a newer car).

Thats about it really

Feel free to message me if you get a little stuck

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
fantastic, thanks heaps for your advise Classified Calais. definetley given me thoughts on continuing on with the s/c project.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
go the super6 i did much better off. you will need the super6 loom. ecm is the same but the chip is different. mounts are the same and you can use your current exhaust. i think the super6 trans is only different internaly. but a normal 6 trans will work