Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine trembling,,help~

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
Hi there~
My VR 1994 's engine began to trembling from this morning.
It used to happen from start but after i accelarate, its gone.
Now it looks it keep trempling even engine is reving and warm.

Could it be a sparkle plug problem? or leak vacume? or a crap cylinder head? I know i got some problem that coolant is leaking into the engine.
However, the performance is ok.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How are you compression??

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Throw a blanket over it? I'm sorry I don't have too much to add.

Does it stall at all or does it just stutter? My friends v6 is very similar and he's changed nearly everything.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the coolant leaking into the engine is an issue with the head/head gasket, this COULD be the cause if this coolant has caused you to drop a cylinder as it is full of water, etc.

i'd be getting it checked out by a good and honest mechanic and taking there advise, it may even work out cheaper to chuck a low k's second hand engine in.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Could be your IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. This will control the idle, as the name suggests, but is removed from the equation when the car is running. IAC sits on the back of the throttle body. You can try giving the throttle body a clean, make sure nothing is clogging it up as shown here:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-s/6573-cleaningthrottle-body-vr-v6.html

IAC is a small black box... (bit hard to describe) and is screwed into the back of the throttle body. You should find it easy enough.

If a clean doesnt work I would maybe look at replacing the IAC valve.

You can also try checking error codes.

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
To Kopper69,
thanks for your advice. The problem is it is trembling not only in idle, but also when i rev it to 2000 or even 3000~.I will try to clean it to see how it will go

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
To Danny Boy,
Thanks mate, definately i know there is water into my engine. It is a problem I knew for two years.
I could not afford to fix this if it will cost me hundreds of dollars. However I will have someone to check if and give me a quote.

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
TO Bax,
A blanket would be a good idea mate~

The problems is when it is in idle, the idle speed is quite stable and it never stall~