Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine trouble light code 13

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
k, good luck. also is your car running rough? could also be the MAP sensor bolted on to the firewall, but since you have code 13 the o2 sensor will most likely need replacing

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
the oxy sensor has died as a result of the fuel pressure regulator being knackered
remember, the oxy sensor does NOT work till the temp hits around 380 degrees, so that wouldnt be the cause of his black smoke at startup
the cause is the diaphram inside the regulator has given up the ghost
this causes the car to become flooded, and is why your oxy sensor is dead, because its been coated in unburnt fuel
hope this helps!

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
ChRiDDa said:
the oxy sensor has died as a result of the fuel pressure regulator being knackered
remember, the oxy sensor does NOT work till the temp hits around 380 degrees, so that wouldnt be the cause of his black smoke at startup
the cause is the diaphram inside the regulator has given up the ghost
this causes the car to become flooded, and is why your oxy sensor is dead, because its been coated in unburnt fuel
hope this helps!
also check m.a.p. sensor vacuum hose on firewall

vr_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais v6
i have checked map sensor vaccum hoses everthing looks alright but i have found the black smoke was because the fuel regulator looks like it gave up so i have replaced it so far all good , but as for the oxygen sensor i have not changed yet i will see if the engine light comes on again if so i will replace it thanks guys for all your help much appreciated :thumbsup: