Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine warning light

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Demons1964 said:
Does anyone know when Holden made the change to OBDII with the V6? Was it VY?

they didnt...
the VZ has CAN comms but up until then it is all 8192 Baud UART comms

Rob

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Demons1964 said:
Check engine light came on this morning in my WHII. It's constantly on even from a cold start so I guess that rules out oxygen sensor. Did a PCM reset but the light's still there. Car still idles fine, drives fine, shifts fine, still have all 4 gears and it's not in limp mode. I'll take a punt on a faulty oil pressure switch. Any other takers?
Gee I'm good. Well not really that good, I just played the odds.

1 new oil pressure switch later and all fixed. I'm thankful my mechanic is up to date with his software and electronics don't phase him, he fixed an airbag fault as well as an immovable electric seat. As an added bonus he didn't charge me for reading the codes; damn nice bloke too!!

OMR001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu s ss
how do you do the pcm reset ? my check engine light is on car drives fine.

OMR001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu s ss
did the reset just pulled the fuse with ignition on and waited for the beeps ,the check engine light is still on! will go back to car and cycle key 50 times to see if it is a soft code apparently this will work if soft code ?(hopefully)if not its to the local UNCO holden dealer to use the diagnostic reader to see whats up, car drives fine though!!