Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering Turbo Ls1

Luka_lsturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vy calais ls1
Hey guys,
I’ve went to go look at a a vy calais factory ls1 with a turbo.
I have placed a deposit but the car is unregistered and has no rwc, I was wondering would I have any troubles getting an engineering certificate in Victoria. The car is built 10/10 not a butcher job,
Thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I was wondering would I have any troubles getting an engineering certificate in Victoria.
Nobody here is going to be able to tell you, particularly with the lack of information you've provided, you really should have talked to an engineer first. Will come down to components used, tuning, and emissions. You need to talk to a VASS engineer - https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/-/m...x?la=en&hash=69686F45F193B741E72EF2B02A6E728E

General overview here - VASS approval certificate : VicRoads

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
cost of engineering isn t cheap and commodores didn t come with turbos fitted or option so do what R J K said and talk to the VASS tester first before you pay the rest of the money

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Asked owner if they can re-register it then you'll buy it.

Truth is majority turbo v8 drag cars etc run the gauntlet..probably get rego'd or engineered in n/a form then they go crazy or rarely driven on street.