Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Erratic auto

Perko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 5ltr
Just had my 4l60e auto rebuilt with a stage 2 shift kit and a TCI 2800 stall in my VU SS ute, once installed everything seemed fine all working correctly not giving it heaps tho.
Next day at WOT wouldnt change from 2nd to 3rd before hitting the limiter would only change if you got off the throttle, every time this happened would throw the engine light.
The next day when in 3rd even at part throttle it would let go as if it had just been put into N and hit the limiter if you didnt back off then it would change into top gear. Now the engine light is on full time and the converter is not locking up at all in top gear leaving me sitting on 4000rpm at 100km/h.
Ist and 2nd are great still plenty of pull and shift hard then starts to pull in 3rd and thats when all the dramas start. It hasnt been tuned at all either.
Now my questions are - could the auto be in semi limp mode due to the pcm taking the stall for slip n try to rectify it some how?
Im guessing a tune would fix this if that is the case.
Could it be something has failed in the auto or wiring as it worked fine the first day it was all back together?
Is there anyway i can clear the fault codes without a tech 2 scan tool, the only codes i could get out of it were BCM and PCM fault logged.
Any help or advice would be really appreciated as it is surposed to be my daily but not sitting on 4 grand to get down the highway its not.