Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EVAP purge solenoid replacement.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ah here we go hahaha

Actually just read in a previous post here that it's accessible by removing the diff. I will get that chance to disassemble the whole car once I move into me house.
Yes. Disassemble the car, almost. You need everything apart except the charcoal canister. Then swap the canister and then reassemble the car. Easy.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
When you replace the solenoid let us know if it runs any better mainly cold starts .
How do you know the existing solenoid was faulty.
And finally was it throwing any falt codes.
Reson I ask is because I may need to replace mine, but it appears to look ok .
And mine also comes up with fault codes at times which I clear .
I have to look back and see the faults with the solenoids. But I have just installed the new one I got last week, Cold start, sounded and felt alot smoother then beforehand, and idle sounded alot nicer. Only ran the car for 30 seconds tho to make sure it still started. Will be seeing how it goes properly on the trip home from work. As for my old solenoid, (Don't know if being able to do this is bad or not) But I blew through the old one and could do so easily, the new one before installing it, I couldn't blow through at all. Hope this helps a bit. Will update more after I have run it home.

Reactions: Lex

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
I have to look back and see the faults with the solenoids. But I have just installed the new one I got last week, Cold start, sounded and felt alot smoother then beforehand, and idle sounded alot nicer. Only ran the car for 30 seconds tho to make sure it still started. Will be seeing how it goes properly on the trip home from work. As for my old solenoid, (Don't know if being able to do this is bad or not) But I blew through the old one and could do so easily, the new one before installing it, I couldn't blow through at all. Hope this helps a bit. Will update more after I have run it home.

Thanks Mate.
Usually if you can blow through it when removed would indicate its no good.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Thanks Mate.
Well looks like i know what my first purchase with my tax will be. Can blow thru mine when off the car also.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Thanks Mate.
Can definitely tell a difference, no more audible ticking for starters. But it also got rid of a weird click sound when I would start up my car before i replaced it, and also when it kicks over, it sounds a lot stronger/healthier I guess you could say