Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex Cop Car - VE Omega 2010

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
yeah the dimming feature pretty cool on dark country roads everything switches off except the speedo dial... is this the same as what happens in the cop car or does everything switch off?

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
They are NOT all regularly serviced on time. Many a engine has seized due to no servicing for 60000 km. it's quiet common that services are skipped and oil staying in for 20000km and being flogged all day everyday. Don't believe the hype, most cop cars are not looked after. That's nsw anyway.

andyperth

Reaction score
Mate of mine (cop) would drive around in his gen 3 (when they had them in WA ) in second gear all the time every were. He liked to pick up and didn't give a s*** about the car.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
They are NOT all regularly serviced on time. Many a engine has seized due to no servicing for 60000 km. it's quiet common that services are skipped and oil staying in for 20000km and being flogged all day everyday. Don't believe the hype, most cop cars are not looked after. That's nsw anyway.

All the ones we service come in on time without fail.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
It's not white is it? If it is then you've scored yourself a very hard worked general duties police vehicle. They get the crap flogged out of them (I'd know because I've done it) because the people driving them don't care because they don't pay to have them fixed.

The only general police vehicle I'd buy is either an ex unmarked (CIU) car because they're driven by detectives who are never in a hurry to get anywhere, just mind the spilled coffee on the console. Also a V8 highway patrol is a good choice. They do get a flogging but being the sort of engine they have they can take it. Highway patrol also take very good care of their cars, they are highly trained and skilled drivers and there are less different people driving them because the general duties coppers are told "hands off!".

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Have you seen/heard of any engine problems/failures with the V8 engines only asking because you would see/drive a lot of them? And as you mentioned you guys drive them pretty hard

ve 6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Probably getting off the thread a bit, but i own a 2009 SS commodore which was an ex victorian highway patrol car. I couldnt be happier with it, the only thing it had a couple of big scratches, maybe this was done when in service, when it was a marked vehicle , by someone who didnt like police, dont know. I did replace the cat converter and o2 sensors, all was replaced under warranty.Its got the button near the sunglasses holder, but doesnt bother me. Few wear marks on the seat, but nothing to lose sleep over, very nice car : )

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
:boxing:
Ex cop ss, fair enough. Ex cop v6, just why?
why i bought my 06 vz exec v6 ex cop, 32k in 3 years on clock, plus all book up to date, immaculate allblack trim,fe2,lsd, 4 power windows, 4-air bags,bash plate, auto shift feature and extra wiring haress which is great for big sound, lights ect, had car 2 years and only issue has been ignition, heater switch, i would not have considered buying a white general duties car, in the auction i bought at there were white and unmarked cars and the difference in quality was noticiable.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
It's not white is it? If it is then you've scored yourself a very hard worked general duties police vehicle. They get the crap flogged out of them (I'd know because I've done it) because the people driving them don't care because they don't pay to have them fixed.

The only general police vehicle I'd buy is either an ex unmarked (CIU) car because they're driven by detectives who are never in a hurry to get anywhere, just mind the spilled coffee on the console. Also a V8 highway patrol is a good choice. They do get a flogging but being the sort of engine they have they can take it. Highway patrol also take very good care of their cars, they are highly trained and skilled drivers and there are less different people driving them because the general duties coppers are told "hands off!".

Not everyone discrespects other peoples property so dont assume everyone acts as you do.