Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust- any opinions?

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
Firstly yes i know it would be defective, but i'll take that chance, secondly, can it be done safely, and third, will there be some gain in performance- If i add a larger diamater pipe section between the catalytic convertor and the first muffler, and swap that first muffler for a performance one and just dump the exhaust downwards from there? and therefore i'm removing the rear muffler and resonator and the 3-4 odd feet of piping that go with it... the way i see it, it would be far less restrictive, and would have less distance to travel before compltely exiting the car. And i've been told Hi Flow cats on a V6 can be a waste of time, is this the case, as i don't see how it could make things worse?

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
A high flow cat on an otherwise stock system would be a waste of time, unless you have plans in the near future.

why not just buy a redback 2 1/2" exhaust? would be allot less mucking around.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... what not_an_abba_fan said...

Doing that you will have loose a HEAP of torque...

Also... dumping it after the first muffler is dangerous for the occupants of the car... because the exhaust gases will end up in the cabin...

And yes... you will be defected... for it being loud, illegal and dangerous...

In a nut shell... no merits to this idea what so ever...

As for the hi flow cats.... not so much that they make things worse... just the don't make things better... so once again... no merit.

Unless your planning on opening this engine up, playing with the engine and then strapping a charger or turbo to it.... a normal 2.5 and standard cats will do the job no worries

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Does anyone else feel they are chasing their tails over exhaust questions the last 48 hours?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't have a tail... lol

But yeah... wish people would use the forum like a forum... not yahoo questions!