Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust / Catalytic flanges, Exhaust swapping

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know before i waste my time (if it happens to be so) but is there a difference between the flange connection size on the catalytic converters when it comes to 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" systems?

Basically i got a stock system on my VR (live axel v6) and im getting my hands on a redback exhaust catback thats a 2 1/2" mandrel bent sport system. Now i know the system bolted str8 up to a stock vn and its currently on a vp (unknown if adjustments were made) just wanted to double check thats its a str8 swap over..

Thanks in advance,
Social.

Last edited:

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know before i waste my time (if it happens to be so) but is there a difference between the flange connection size on the catalytic converters when it comes to 2 1/4" and 2 1/4" systems?.....

See highlighted and underlined piece in your post just above about sizing. People will probably be confused.

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Yeah Man, 2.5" Cat back Exhaust will bolt straight onto the stock Cat no dramas.

Also a good idea is to make sure you use a new gasket and maybe even some muffler putty on the new gasket for a nice good tight seal.

HoldenOnn: check your quote against the OP, it's different??? the OP numbers were correct:

"......when it comes to 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" systems?...." - By Social

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
HoldenOnn: check your quote against the OP, it's different??? the OP numbers were correct:

"......when it comes to 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" systems?...." - By Social

It was incorrect. The quote was just that....it was a quote so it was word for word apart from me bolding and underlining. Social acknowledged it in the following post by thanking me for picking it up. And because he altered his post soon after originally posting, then it sometimes doesn't show a sign that the post was modified.

Its all fixed now Jazz, so there is no worries anymore....cheers champ.