Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust issues

bo0std

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone knows if eliminator pipes have been made for vz?
If not, will a set for a ve fit a vz?
Thanks in advance

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Are you talking about cat eliminator pipes? Illegal. And no, nothing from a VE will fit a VZ.

bo0std

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Is eliminator a brand? Ve pipes will not fit Vz

No its not a brand. They are just called eliminator pipes i think because they eliminate the mufflers and give you more noise.
What makes them not fit?
Can they be modified to fit?

OldAndyMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
surely any piece of mild or SS piping will do - just cut the muffler out and weld in the pipe.

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Not really fussed on the legal sides of things.
Can they be modified to fit?

Is it a v8 or v6 ? ... If its a v6 why would you want 2 ? , it would sound so bad and yuck , if its for noise and not fussed on the legal side you'd be better just unbolting the whole catback

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Ohh and if it is a vz v6 and your talking about the very last muffler/resonator at the rear then yes it can be cut and modified , I have a vy hsv full stainless stock catback with removed rear muffler/resonator on my vz sv6 , exhaust shop custom made the piping so I can unbolt the str8 pipes section and bolt on the stock rear section with the muffler/resonator if I want it to be quiet again ...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Chopping up a factory exhaust just makes it sound bad. Louder, but bad none the less. You should really replace the whole cat back for a decent note and improved flow.

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Chopping up a factory exhaust just makes it sound bad. Louder, but bad none the less. You should really replace the whole cat back for a decent note and improved flow.
Everyone has always said it sounds good for a v6 , to me it sounds kind of raspy and tinny but I knew it would with any kind of exhaust system because its a alloytec ... But it only started sounding raspy and tinny once the extractors were fitted ...to me it also sounds like a worked skyline .. As for better flow I won't agree because every since I put the system on its always used way less fuel than anyone else's that I know and you can hear that its way more free flowing ...