Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhausting questions about exhaust options/opinions....

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Well im sorry to bring up such a exhausting subject :blah blah: but who has played around with the exhaust on there vn v6 ? And im not just talking about the normal extractors and single 2.5inch with 1 muffler lol...

Who has run a true dual exhaust on the v6 ?

Basically i would love to run mine with a twin 2.25 from extractors then im not 100% sold on running high flow cats or not ? would they affect the exhaust note? then into a twin 2.25inch x pipe with diff dumpers and then back into a single 3inch afta the diff and out the back to a 3inch hooker aero chamber muffler and 3inch tip

I dont mind my cars loud haha 100+ db, But it will be mainly used for track work from now on as well as the odd road duty.. but not a everyday driver..

And its manual so it shouldnt get the terrible v6 auto 2.5inch exhaust drone :rofl2::rofl2:...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
2.5 inch is too big already for a V6.....

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
a) diff dumpers - are just that! Exhaust is cut off before the diff
b) if a track car - single side exit with the aerochamber attached on there somewhere

edit: just read its still going to drive on the street - single 2.5in also maybe have an electric exhaust cut out for the track

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
It will go alright with a twin 2.25.... even a twin 2 inch would work.

Ive done a lot of research on exhausts for v6 as my built ecotec v6 is a track car. It has pacemakers twin 100cell metal cats, 'h pipe', 12 inch hotdogs in the center, then twin pipes back to a dual inlet/ outlet rear muffler. sounds tough. I flanged the exhaust behind the middle hotdogs (they end level with the diff yoke). When i hit the track i have some side pipes that I fabbed up that bolt up just behind the hotdogs. Take note though... my engine is highly modified, and my system is twin 2.5 from extractors to tips

I read somewhere that the v6 doesnt need a 'balance pipe' due to the firing order. Ive had mine both with and without one, theres no difference to performance at all.

So, i guess to sum it up. a twin system will work good. but its alot to spend when the tried and tested single 2.5 is proven and much, much cheaper