Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Experience with Subaru upper engine cleaner?

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever used a can if Subaru upper engine in their alloytec?
I know that some cars love it, and some hate it .
For those who don't know about it, it's great... Toxic as all hell but will clean anything. It's sold and branded by Subaru and is designed to clean the intake manifold and combustion chamber..
Any experiences would be good.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
You don't have to use the genuine subaru upper engine cleaner. At work we use Wynns Fuel Injector Cleaner, it says to add to tank but we run it through every subaru that we service. I have also run it through my VS ecotec a few times and have had no trouble at all.

I just disconnect a vacuum hose off the maf sensor (on the VS) and run it through there. Subaru's theres a couple of vacuum hoses on the top of the inlet manifold.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
ive used tb cleaner (nulon) in my car, it made it hard to start, and let out a little bit of smoke and thats about it lol, cant say whether it was worth the money or not, but i certainly did clean out the pvc pipelines and all the other pipelines that connect to the manifold, didnt notice much difference

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever used a can if Subaru upper engine in their alloytec?
I know that some cars love it, and some hate it .
For those who don't know about it, it's great... Toxic as all hell but will clean anything. It's sold and branded by Subaru and is designed to clean the intake manifold and combustion chamber..
Any experiences would be good.

It's designed for the peculiarities of the boxer engine. But it probably wouldn't hurt.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
problem is with the alloytec, if you disconnect a vacum line, it stalls, well thats the prob i had when i went to spray it in there, unless theres a specific vac line to spray into when the car is running?

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Get a mate to give the car a bit of a rev to avoid the the stall

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My daughter has a Subaru Imprezza and the Subaru dealer used a bottle of stuff that is added to the fuel not a spray of any sort, they also gave her another bottle and said to add it to the fuel at the midway point between services, from memory reading the container it said for controlling carbon deposits in the intake and around the valves and cleaning the fuel system, it was more than just injector cleaner but used as a fuel additive not a spray.
I will have a read of the container tomorrow as I have it in the garage from the last Subaru service.