Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eye for an eye punishment

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
This is just heading back to the PC gone mad.. Society is wrapped up in bubble wrap and pillows. Society, Harden the f*ck up!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Like everyone said UFO you are damn right.

Vote worthy? Should I ring up Tony Abbott and say I'm new leader of Liberal's or what? :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Frankly I think a 5 year old is smarter then either Abbott or Rudd.

And being from QLD I think Bligh has as many braincells as an ameoba.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i agree with everything said, also looking at it from another angle..what if you were this person still not in jail but kept repeat offending you would be laughing it off aswell..or even if you did something minor but got punished hardly with a "new" law that was created everyone would be crying poor me. all good and well to be on your high horse on a forum but people on this site complain about paying speeding fines and redlight cameras enough..

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
People that think these things are ever going to happen in our society are deluding themselves,

only way it will ever change for the better is if Australia hosts and invasion, or WWIII breaks out.

Like everything, the law in Australia has its flaws, but it is a goddamn nice place to live, I don't agree with an eye for an eye though, unless of course the justice fails, then of course go for it by all means, but be prepared to live with the consequences.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
This should be a way in dealing with these kind of evil acts.. especially sick stuff like cutting off a girls ears and nose because some guy has obvious control issues.

They would never do it again! that's forsure.

If anyone remembers their was an English girl around 20 who was stunning, seriously looked like a model. Well anyways she met some guy on facebook, went out with him for little while, turned him down so in return he decided to rape her and later arranged a friend of he's to throw acid on her face. It was on 10 news a while back.

That Is an example were this punishment should be applied, sure he is in jail for the rest of his life but I think he should go through the same experience she had.

I also think death penalty should be applied to for stuff like murder.. I honestly think some people can't change nor addapt

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I don't think an eye for an eye is the best way to put it.. but I would like to see harsher jail time across the board. My classic example is this..

1. One man shoots another through the head and chest, killing him instantly and is sentenced to life without parole.

2. Two men abduct 2 13 year old boys, torture and rape one and bury him alive. The second boy gets away alive. One man serves just on 18 years.. the other is due for parole next year.

Why? Because in the first scenario the victim was an Assistant Commissioner for the AFP. I honestly don't understand, the second murder is brutal as hell (anyone who watches Crime Investigation Australia will know) but the criminals could walk free. As far as I am concerned the softcock Australian justice system needs a massive overhaul. We need to keep scum like them (and also the filthy Skaf brothers) in jail (or executed) where they belong.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
Vote worthy? Should I ring up Tony Abbott and say I'm new leader of Liberal's or what? :)

i'd vote for ya.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
except with rape or child sexual assault, it shouldnt just be 'get raped back'.

if you dont know how to use your equipment respectfully, your equipment gets taken. plus, with the balls gone... sexual appetite would decrease, lowering the possibility of reoffending by other means.

Yeah, cutting off the balls has zero effect on sexual appetite, seeing as how the pituitary gland controls the release of hormones, and not the testicles.

Just shoot them.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
and this bullshit defence of dimished responsibility when drunk or on drugs, or temporaryily insane. get rid of it. you are responsible for your actions... and the victims of crime dont suffer any less because of your alcohol level or level of intelligence at the time.

The courts still hold an intolerance to whether or not a person was substance affected at the time of offending. The excuse of "I was drunk" doesn't cut it with magistrates or judges. As for temporary insanity, it's a very very very hard one to get up on. I believe that only once in Victorian legal history the defence of temporary insanity has actually had someone acquitted.

and this under 18 rule where your record is clear no matter how much of a young criminal you were. old enough to do the crime? old enough to be held responsible for your actions for the rest of your life. criminal history sticks with you.

Would you believe there are young offenders (under 18) in and out of the courts every week? They don't care and turning up to court is like a social outing for them because they run into all their crook mates. The thing is, they know well and trully that they can play around and do what they like before they're 18. I see a lot that once they turn 18, they go quiet. It's as if they realise that while under 18, that's their play time.

society has gone to **** because everyone is looking to avoid responsibility. give coppers more control and power. give teachers the ability to use the cain again. tough love worked in the past.... but now society is turning 'wild' because of these hippy 'dont smack kids because it'll lower their confidence' crap.

We now live in an age where young people have no fear or respect for authority. When I was teenager (not all that long ago) if I was spoken to by police in the street while walking from party to party, obviously having a few beers on the way I pinched from my dad's fridge I'd be like, "Yes sir, I'll tip this drink out right now and go home. I'm very sorry". These days on the job I get, "F**k you! You can't tell me what to do, I know my rights! I can do whatever I want!". When I was at school we'd never dare to speak back to a teacher let alone raise our voice at one. As I was nearing the end of high school I started to notice other students getting braver and speaking back, now they go as far as physically attacking teachers.

I've seen a printout of a repeat road offender, he had three frickin sheets of offences, most were DUI or driving unlicensed, and he still wasn't in jail. There were literally about 40 offences on those sheets. WTF!!! We need to go back to the old days where most magistrates were ex-cops, then we will likely see punishments handed out, none of this hand-holding crap.

Try six counts of armed robbery in the one hearing plus history. He walked away with a community based order.

However I must commend one of my close colleagues doing a great job having a "well known Narre Warren youth" remanded into custody (as in locked up in a prison cell) for three weeks following charges arising from "an out of control party".