Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's 95 VS Statesman

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Cheers guys. Finished them off this morning.

Fitted the 4 point camber kit and new strut tops/bearings and now it's booked in for a wheel alignment for tomorrow. Also got some braided front lines for it too. Will be interesting to see what difference the 'new' (second hand) lines make. They were only a few bucks from pick a part, very surprised I found a second hand set haha.

Once wheel alignment's done I'll refit the hsv wheels, fit the brake hoses and will service the trans... for the first time ever lol

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Well the wheel alignment didn't go ahead. When I had booked in in for an alignment yesterday, I questioned the guy on the phone and asked if he'd dealt with these camber kits before; and the answer was a resounding yes - so I dropped the stato off in confidence this morning.

Got a call half an hour later from a baffled wheel aligner stating that there was something wrong with the kit, and it wouldn't adjust at all. Strange since I had it all working last night (I'd adjusted it so that there was endfloat for the driveshafts). I told him how to adjust the eccentrics and he said he would have another go. Another half an hour later I received another phone call, with them admitting defeat. The bloke said that he'd been in contact with superpro and a number of other workshops, all of which gave him the same instructions to make adjustments as I had during our first phonecall.

He stated that he and the manager had never in their 30 years working in the industry seen a 4 point camber kit like the superpro/whiteline/nolethane/kmac/pedders kits... At this stage I was regretting my decision more than ever.

NOW, no money had changed hands and I was handed my keys. Walked out to my car and decided to check the driveshaft end float before drivng off. There was NONE - the driveshafts were jammed hard into the diff. I went back in and told them I needed to use their hoist, thankfully it was on the hoist within 2 minutes. Then I started to make adjustments myself, and the bloke was in awe and asked instantly 'how the hell did you get that to move - gee I've learnt something today'. As soon as I had some clearance I got it off the hoist and left. Booked in with another place tomorrow, fingers crossed it all works out. I'll report back tomorrow night anyway.

On a brighter note, I serviced the trans today. BUT turns out since my engine/trans is from a s3/vt and they're relatively hard to come across, catalog parts listings are often incorrect. I ended up with the wrong trans filter (for the shallow pan version), but turns out I have the deep pan which is a good thing anyway. Just had to borrow a car so I could go and buy the correct filter.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
****, at least he phoned you, admitted defeat, let you use hoist and not just as I recon a few would do, tell you it's done when it's fxxked and not done properly then you drive off with it no good .
Yeah the trouble with modifying cars you sometimes need to remember to ask/get a different part to what is listed for your car/model
Oh yeah wheels look great too

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I ended up taking the car to Pedders and paying $110 for the 4 wheel alignment which isn't too bad I suppose and drives straight which is a good sign. Fingers crossed this helps my rear tyre wear issues too - hsv wheels are back on with new tyres.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
My butthole puckered up when I read "Pedders".... Have never had a positive experience from any of their franchises.

I normally use TruTrack suspension in North Melbourne for any of my cars or adjustments.
Cafe run by the wife there is also really nice.

Glad to see you got it sorted tho.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
My butthole puckered up when I read "Pedders".... Have never had a positive experience from any of their franchises.

I normally use TruTrack suspension in North Melbourne for any of my cars or adjustments.
Cafe run by the wife there is also really nice.

Glad to see you got it sorted tho.
Cheers man. I didn't really have the time to take it anywhere else, so just had to bite the bullet and it seems like they got it right - I'll keep those guys in mind for next time anyway. Don't mind travelling if it's worth it.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Small update. Senator wheels are back on, and I had time over the weekend to fit the new exhaust. Took lots more cutting and welding than it should've. Seems as though it was a little bent. Either bent or it was just a really poor fitting system. Anyway, had to modify the engine pipes (it was originally on an l67 vs stato) and move one of the mounting brackets on the muffler.

Looks like the apprentice made it really - the pipe that joins the muffler to the resonator has the bends in the wrong spot, so means the pipes are very close to the ground. I'm going to remove and remake that section so that there's more clearance between the pipes and driveshaft, and the pipes and the ground.

Old system:
CS5LKUb.jpg

New system after lots of hacking
idwnRN2.jpg

hLBG91J.jpg

006fkIO.jpg

Pic from the weekend
PfpPCRr.jpg

Video of the exhaust - seems the sound dropped alot of quality when I uploaded it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Sounds good man, I want to go twin next year at least I know how mine will sound now.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
looks good, I wanna know where you got your rear twin resi from?