Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F35 Joint Strike Fighter

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the F-111 isn't that fast. Shove a firecracker up my arse and I'll move faster then those things.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
If it can be noted about our "Defence" force is its exactly that.
DEFENCE
Not Offence.
They only appropriate machines which will aid in defending the country.
If they so happen to be able to provide some sort of offensive capability, great.

But fot the most part, thats what our Army, air force, navy are here for, DEFENCE

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
oh wow new toys for all the retards to watch at richmond raaf when they should be watching the bloody road lol

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Really?

12Voltking said:
the F-111 isn't that fast. Shove a firecracker up my arse and I'll move faster then those things.

I'm impressed. At Mach 2.5 +, you'd almost keep up with the Gillette Mach 3!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Fekason said:
I'm impressed. At Mach 2.5 +, you'd almost keep up with the Gillette Mach 3!

Sure mach 2.5 is nice. But, thats at it's ceiling of a CLAIMED 60,000 feet (just over 18,000 metres) They were capable of supersonic speeds but were mainly kept at subsonic speeds. Got to remember that at those speeds the old pig is shaking more then you are!:flame:

MOTIV8

Cybernaut
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mountain Bike
Jet fighter pact signed
17jun06

F35 Joint Strike Fighter

THE United States and eight partners, including Australia, have agreed in principle on a long-term plan for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet, a Pentagon official said yesterday.

Included in a draft pact were statements of intent by the non-US countries to buy a combined total of 710 radar-evading F-35s, said Pentagon spokeswoman Kathy Crawford. "It's one step closer to finalising partnerships that will last 40 years or more," she said. Australia hopes to buy 100 of the leading-edge fighters at a cost of up to $16 billion.
Link

B

Baritji

Has anyone seen how much the costs for the F-35 have skyrocketed? I wonder if it will have the same outcome as the F-22, extremley over budget in the design process and a cost almost double of that originally stated by the pentagon!

MOTIV8

Cybernaut
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mountain Bike
The tenders for these contracts are always way underpriced so that these companies can win. Once they win the supply contract then of course all kinds of cost blowups follow.

I have no doubts that this will happen here and for the new helicopter contracts as well.

B

Baritji

That is very true motiv8! But thats not so much what I am getting at here. The prices have skyrocketed due to several technical failures on both aircraft, significantly holding up production and flight testing, costing Lockheed Martin millions of dollars! Same thing happened to the commanche a few years ago and they were smart enough to stop the program.

The tiger price seemed to stay reasonable, but I supposed thats a benefit of buying aircraft that have already entered service in other countries!

It'll be interesting to see how well the F-35 goes, as the pollies and big wigs at the RAAF are getting rather nervous with all these budget blow outs and buying an unproven aircraft! Its not suprising Australia has threatened to walk away from the program already!

Motiv8 - Just out of interest, asthetically(sp?) which fighter would you most like to see in the skies over Australia? I rekon I'd have to go with an SU-27!!